“Not what we were hoping for!”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were seated promptly at a table beside the window which was great for the kids to be able to look outside keeping them amused. However on sitting down there was 'brown paper' covering the table on top of the table cloth which was really not what I would have expected from a restaurant like this! Our server was very keen (possibly too keen) to describe every dish on the menu even though we didn't ask for clarification but was quite slow to return with drinks/ pepper etc. The food was fine and the kids enjoyed theirs however from the limited menu and prices of the dishes I would have expected it to be delicious, therefore, I don't feel that Portobello really offers value for money and we would probably eat in other restaurants in future.

1  Thank Lynne G

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a party of 6, 1 child and 5 adults. Five of us ate the steak (delicious) We had Robert as our waiter. He was very courteous laughed at our silly humor and helped us through any questions and my food (dairy) allergy. He was spot on with foods that contain my allergen and Robert helped us with our disney dinning plan. I will absolutely eat here again on my next vacation to Downtown Disney.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our first time here and we couldn't have been more pleased. Although, we didn't have reservations and the restaurant looked packed...we were seated immediately with a nice window view. Our waiter was excellent...he knew all the menu items and made recommendations to us. We started off the with the eggplant fries. They were yummy and addicting! For our meal ,my wife had the Black Fettucine with Shrimp and on the waiter's recommendation...I had the Chicken Pizzaiola. Both were very good and both had lots of garlic.But, we love garlic! The portions were very generous that we ended up asking for a doggy bag. We eyed the pizzas that were brought to the table next to us. They looked delicious. Both of us were too full to try any desert. We look forward to eating here again. I'd recommend a visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We can not say enough about the people and food at Portobello's Orlando. I made reservations for a wedding rehearsal dinner for 32 people from Tucson. Working from long distance always makes me nervous, but Jessica made things easy from pictures of table arrangement to menu and wine list help. Because I am not familiar with the layout of Downtown Disney - getting parked close to the restaurant was a bit challenging but boy was it worth it! We ran a little bit late, but the servers were more than patient with us. Michelle and Jason did a outstanding job making sure our guests were taken care of. The food was way beyond expectations, our menu included steak and the fresh catch of the day. Of course being at Downtown Disney gave all my guests something to do after dinner, great live music just outside the restaurant - just made our visit a pleasure. Thanks so much for everything.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate at Portobello on our recent family trip to Disney. The food was very good from the appetizers to dessert. I had the Chicken pasta in a creamy parmesan sauce. Made excellent, very big portion sizes. The Gelato is made fresh daily for the restaurant, I would recommend trying. A big Thank you for Zach our waiter. He was very attentive & answered all questions we had. Would return.