“Great food and service...”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Three friends and I were quite hungry and in need of a 'nice' dinner. We were at Downtown Disney and originally planned to go to another restaurant but the long wait time had us looking for alternatives. We found Portobello and loved its Tuscan exterior. They too had a wait but not nearly as long. We noticed a table for four in the bar area and chose to eat our dinner there. Our waiter was great and brought us wine and bread with heads of roasted garlic....a nice change from plain olive oil. We split an antipasto appetizer as a well as eggplant fries...it was all delicious! Two of us ordered the pork chop served over creamy polenta with a balsamic vinegar reduction---delicious! Another person ordered the lasagna which was not any thing special. Another ordered black fettuccine with shrimp ( small portion). We were quite stuffed and passed on dessert but really enjoyed our meal and the waiter (he was attentive without being intrusive). He offered to spilt our checks and was able to quarter the charge for the appetizers- we were all impressed as none of us had seen that before. All in all a great meal worth the price...

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding the great food and service that that you received recently at Portobello. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and are delighted that you enjoyed the antipasti, eggplant fries, pork chop and roasted garlic as well as the attentiveness of your server. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our visit using the dining plan was amazing. Our waiter Alex from Orlando was one of the best I have seen. We never had to ask for refills which is a relief at a Table Service on the dining plan. I have a seafood allergy and Alex was super understanding and explained every dish that contained shellfish. Great service!!!!!!!! Food was only very good because my wife ordered a steak and it was too char broiled.

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for reconizing Alex. We appreciate you sharing your comments.

If you would like to share additional information regarding your visit I would be grateful. I can be reached at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We were here last year and the food/service was really good..this year didn't let us down..the service was even better as was the food..for appetizer we had the caprese salad which was very good, for dinner flat iron steaks which was excellent, and dessert biramisu (amazing) and my husband had a chocolate cake it was good but not for me and the coffee here is the best in Disney..our waiter was on point and provided awesome service..we sat outside by the water on a beautiful breezy night..there is no restaurant in downtown disney that can compare to this quality of food..if your in the area def check this place out totally worth it

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience at Portobello. We are pelased to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you recieved awesome service. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent the day at Magic Kingdom, hot at the start and pouring rain at the end. Wanted a nice meal and not at a Kingdom restaurant (unimpressed thus far) so we thought we'd go to Downtown Disney. Disney staff gave us three different sets of directions, 2.5 were wrong and after three different modes of transport ended downtown. Two hour waits everywhere... but we could stand at the bar. And there magic happened in the form of bartender Jim. We were wet, tired it was late and he immediately delivered hot bread and garlic olive oil followed by three perfect martinis. When I secured a table he brought my group over so I didn't lose my spot, and then came waiter Alex. Set us up with more bread, more drinks and great food recommendations. Prompt service, great food and a fair price.

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at Portobello. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and are delighted that you enjoyed the magic that Jim provided and the prompt service from Alex. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were in Disney World for ten days but we went back to this restaurant for dinner twice! We sat in the bar area where we were seated right away rather than waiting for a table. The first time my husband and I sat at the bar and Joe the bartender served us, and he was great! The food was amazing, and the pasta tasted fresh. The second time around we brought my in-laws back with us and we had Stephanie B. as a server, and she really made our night! She was fun and funny, very attentive and we had no complaints. Definitely worth checking out for the food and for the staff!

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

We are delighted that you had a chance to join us twice while visiting Orlando. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and are delighted that you enjoyed the food and hospitality that Joe and Stephanie provided. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.