“Exemplary”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Exemplary”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was overall an amazing experience, Portobello does not stand out as much as some of the larger restaurants in the area, but certainly deserves as much attention. There is a substancial variety of italian cuisine that is high quality and at the same time a great value. However, the real selling point for myself was the service. The staff at Portobello performed at the aboslute highest level, not only was everything done quickly and efficiently, but the staff was professional yet very approachable and enhanced the experience by an immeasurable amount. The only issue I had with my experience at Portobello was that it hadn't happened sooner.

2 Thank Brandon N
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your shaing your amazing experience at Portobello. We are grateful to you for taking the time to share your observations. We are pleased to know that you appreciated the food quality and our approachable and professional staff. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were glad we had reservations in advance since we saw a line and people waiting an hour to get in. We got seated right on time. The food exceeded my expectations. My daughter and I had fish and my husband a steak. It was a very good. It is a pretty restaurant and the staff were all friendly and on top of the service.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank alamofamily
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your complimentary comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and are delighted that the food exceeded your expectations and our staff was friendly and on top of service. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.
Halifax, Canada
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The food was great, the service was fantastic!! I only wish it hadn't been raining so we could sit and look out over the water.

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your comments regarding your experience at Portobello. We are delighted that your service was fantastic. We hope you return when it is not raining next time so that you can enjoy our lake front view while dining. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.
Columbus, Ohio
“fantastic”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

this was our first visit here, the wait for the dining room was 45 min so we sat at the bar. prompt service, amazing food, they took special care with our good allergies. the raviolis is to die for. Jason the bar tender is first class!! we will be back!

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and are delighted that you had a fantastic time with Jason at the bar. I will certainly share your comments about the prompt service, amazing food, and special care overseeing your allergy request. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Great service, wonderful food!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stopped in after walking Downtown Disney for most of the day. There was a 30 minute wait, so we ate in the bar - no wait! Our server was Luke, in all honesty - he was one of the best servers we have ever had! The meatball sliders were pretty good, with the pork being our favorite. My wife had Ravioli, while I had a pizza and salad. We would highly recommend Portobello, and if you're lucky - you'll get Luke as your server.

Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at Portobello. We are delighted that you found the food to be wonderful and enjoyed the great service that Luke provided. We will certainly share your compliments with him and I know he will be grateful that you took the time to recognize him. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.