“Horrible customer service”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went there after a long day at the disney parks and were given the weird look because we dressed in khaki shorts and sneakers. We felt ackward the whole entire time as our waiter was being ackward as well. We just finished up and left right away. My idiology is "if I could afford it, you will serve me no matter how I'm dressed".

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
clermont
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were disappointed with most of the dinner. For appetizers portobello mushroom was good, shrimp was good but eggplant strips which were good tasting were barely warm. They would have been wonderful if they had been hot. The crostinies were ugh! The pasta dishes were a pasty, sticky sauce and barely warm. The menu said the shrimp dishes were rock shrimp but they were tiny regular shrimp. When we asked the waiter he said that is how it has always been. I would call that deception! The othere meals were ok. There are too many other great Italian restaurants in Orlando. I would skip this one the next time.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went in for dinner on Friday, December 14th. I was alone, and the wait for a table was 30-40 minutes. The hostess informed me that the bar area was open seating, and I found a table right away.

I always appreciate when a server knows about the food and is willing to make recommendations. Dennis was my server and his recommendations were spot on. I will be returning for the portobello mushroom appetizer for sure!

I sat in the bar, where the atmosphere was nice and lively. Overall the restaurant seemed a good place for families & groups. But I also noticed some quieter nooks that would serve for a more intimate dining experience.

I forgot my credit card at the table when I left and Dennis found me outside to give it back to me. Now THAT is service :)

Will be back!

• Visited December 2012
“Jason and Jen are amazing!!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just ate at the bar here. The service was impeccable. Jason behind the bar was very knowledgeable and friendly. Spoke to the manager Jen who was very caring and cheerful. She was very helpful with my allergy questions. The mozzarella stuffed rice balls melt in your mouth. A+

“Consistently good!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our family recently ate at Portobellos, as is our custom when at Disney World. This time it was an "all adult" meal and we were a group of 6. We were seated right at the time of our reservation. Our waiter was great, as was the variety of items available on the menu. We had a great time and all enjoyed our meals, which varied from a pizza with egg, a fantastic seared pork chop and a variety of pastas. It was busy, but not excessive noisy. A highlight of our vacation!

• Visited November 2012