“Great meal”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

By far out best meal at Disney. Food was spectacular and all four of us cleaned our plates. Steak and Chicken were out of this world. Highly recommend it. Neat atmosphere with food prepared in front of you.

2  Thank Larry H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have visited many hibachi restaurants across the country. I live in Orlando and decided to do spend a long weekend at Disney.

I was excited to visit this restaurant since most Disney restaurants are pretty good.

This restaurant was a complete disappointment.

What most people see as friendly service is but a ruse to quickly turn tables at this restaurant.

Everything is rushed.

Sit, drinks come out fast and then the chef comes out.

Most people come to hibachi restaurants for the entertainment. Not here. The chefs are not allowed to make any fire, jokes or theatrics.

"Vegetables" is simply zucchini and some mushrooms cooked with barely any salt or seasoning. Very bland.

The noodles are also very bland and pre cooked. No effort was made to add any flavor.

The rice is NOT cooked in front of you like any other hibachi restaurant. Comes out in little bowls , and was just old tasting.
Very disappointing.

The steak, scallops and chicken are ok, but still under seasoned.

I was very upset that the waitress came out as soon as the chef left and started to "hurry" up the table.

When patrons did not order desserts, she pulled out the checks and left them in front of you.
Very rude.

I saw a couple of waitress clean and set up a table next to us with the speed of a NASCAR pit crew.

I felt rushed and pushed to leave. The waitress asked if I was done when I still had food on plate. My daughter barely ate her meal but waitress took her plate.

rush rush

Horrible service!!

Save your money and visit Boma at animal lodge

5  Thank 1970al
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We love Hibachi and so do our kids so this was a no brainer. The chef was great as was our waitress. We were on the dining plan so I can't comment on the price, well yes I can. I mean we didn't care about the price but we went for lunch and the steak and shrimp was $31. I think this was pricey even for Disney standards but it was a dinner portion. Portion sizes are good, a bit skimpy on the rice and for some reason they don't make that right there infront of you. The deliver it in a bowl pre-made. It isn't bad, but it could be much better. Same with the food itself, they don't use a lot of anything, garlic, ginger, butter, soy sauce and so everything was okay but not great. Needed more flavor, thank good for the dipping sauces. I was a little disappointed because we have been to plenty of places where the food was so tasty it didn't need any additional sauce. Not the case here. It was all okay, and a fun experience with the kids but we probably won't be back before we try some of the other options Epcot has to offer.

3  Thank jaydarin
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We usually dine at Teppan Edo at least once every time we come to Walt Disney World. Today we had lunch at Teppan Edo (same menu as dinner) and were not disappointed at all. It was still as wonderful as we remembered it to be.

The staff are always polite and personable. They have some excellent servers in the Japan pavilion - second, in my opinion, only to those in The Italy pavilion. Today's server and hibachi chef were no exception. We received excellent service throughout the meal.

I ordered a sushi sampler appetizer and while it was very fresh and good, the portion was rather small. It's been a few years since I tried this last and I can't remember if there were two more pieces of California roll previously or not. The serving was small, but still good. My wife ordered the edamame and enjoyed it.

For an entree she and I ordered Ueno (chicken breast and shrimp) and my son ordered filet mignon. The udon noodles and veggies were great as always and we will probably never get tired of the volcano made from onion layers stacked on top of each other. The shrimp and chicken were cooked perfectly as was my son's steak (medium rare). Everything tasted great, albeit the serving sizes were a little on the small side. We all would have liked to have just a little more of everything.

The chocolate ginger cake is still to die for. The only caveat to this establishment is they do not take Tables in Wonderland for some reason (Tokyo Dining in the same building does). We were able to use our Annual Pass for a 10% discount (lunch only and Monday-Friday).

Although it's pricey for lunch, it's still worth the money and the food, atmosphere and service are fantastic.

1  Thank irunnoft
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our family LOVES to eat at Hibachi restaurants. We are fortunate to have a very good quality restaurant near us. Of course it's not cheap, especially for a family of 5, so we don't go very often. That being said, on our recent trip to Disney, we couldn't resist one of our favorite types of food in the Happiest Place on Earth. Sadly, we left feeling slightly disappointed and slightly still hungry! I will say, as the previous reviewer indicated, the best thing about dining here is the setting and atmosphere, in addition to the staff. Our server and Hibachi chef were great. There are no complaints regarding service or friendliness. The only complaints are the the quality and quantity of the food.

We started with a sushi appetizer and miso soup and edamame. The soup was just OK, we've definitely had better and the sushi rolls were small compared to what we get here at home in any restaurant in Ohio. The edamame was also just OK. We prefer the Edamame at our local hibachi over what we experienced in Disney. The adults and older children chose steak and shrimp for our main course and our son chose the kids shrimp. The shrimp I found to be OK. I've definitely had worse, but have also had better. We were all disappointed with our steak. It definitely seemed to be poor quality and a small piece compared to what we are used to receiving at our local Hibachi (which incidentally runs close to the same pricing at Teppan Edo). Not a single person in our party found the fried rice to be good but some was eaten because we were hungry! The yum-yum sauce was yuck yuck sauce in my opinion. It's always been a slightly orange sauce at every Hibachi we have ever eaten. It's white here. I personally don't care what color it is, as long as it's good. It was not enjoyable here. We did opt out of any dessert. However, the girls at the end of the table tried the Tiramisu and I overheard them say it was disgusting!

All in all, we enjoyed the service, chef and atmosphere....but sadly not the food. For the cost of a meal here, we could not justify returning here for another meal and I could not recommend eating here. I am sure there are Japanese Steakhouse's in Orlando. If eating at this type of restaurant is something you really want, I would suggest finding one in Orlando and skipping Disney. However, I do recommend taking a look around the Japanese pavillion! Oh, and others have said....Japanese restaurants are a great place to take the kids!

3  Thank jamey_mj