“Best meal at Disney World”
Review of Teppan Edo

Teppan Edo
Ranked #187 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My family really enjoyed our meal. Service is very good too. We all had Filet and the quality of the beef was very good. Manager came over to discuss my gluten free meal. He was going to cook it on the cook top with noodles on the grill at the same time which I explained was an issue. They made my food out back which was good. The only negative things I would say are, they should ask before putting pepper and sesame seeds on the food. They use way too much of both. Also, gluten free meal does not get noodles so it should come with extra vegetables. I loved my meal, but left hungry. We will go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are on the Disney dining plan, make one of your night's meals at Teppan Edo. The hibachi style meal was excellent and enjoyable for the kids (14, 10 and 8). The green tea cheesecake was unbelievable! Great meal and service.

1  Thank mcb7099
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The atmosphere was comfortable in a family setting and the chef's were very entertaining. Our food was prepared to perfection! Best sushi we've had anywhere and our filets and shrimp were very flavorful. Fun meal to share with family and plan to eat there every time we return to Disneyworld!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family loves going to hibachi grills, but this one was different in the fact that there was no fire, which was a big disappointment to my little one. She prefers the flames in the show. However, I thought the show was fine, and the food was good. The food was a little different than the hibachi grill that is in my hometown, so if you go, do so with an open mind. I believe that Teppan Edo is more traditional than the Benihana chain. The service was good, though I had trouble hearing/understanding what was being said by the waitstaff (it was pretty loud there). The waitstaff was very attentive and did a great job. I had a good time, and enjoyed the food. We used the meal plan, which is always a good value.

1  Thank magannfam
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went here to re-live an experience from about 10 years ago. It was about the same as I remembered. My son really wanted to go here, not my top choice but still okay. It was late July raining everyday, hot and extremely humid. It didn't take much to get me here, the promise of good food, air-conditioning and cold beer...I'm there. Menus for a meal run closer to $25-$30.00 a person. There are appetizers under twenty. Menu is pretty bare bones. Food preparation is good. To me most of the food lacked a key ingredient, flavor. I guess cooking for 1000s of people they have to keep it pretty bland. But over all the experience was good and worth four stars on this scale. The seating can be tricky. We were a family of four, meaning there are four more seats to be occupied. That can be fun or not. The people we were with were really quiet and didn't talk, clap or really get "into" the whole thing. To me all the restaurants in Disney like this are about the same, limited menus and not quite top of the line for what you are paying, but you should already expect it being at Disney so eat, drink and be as merry as possible.

1  Thank mikel68