“Good but not Great!”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family and I dined here for the first time. It was good but not great, the service was very good. We had an awesome Chef that interacted with the kids. He really put on a show for us, the food was good but I thought very bland a few more spices or marinating the meat would have been nice. However, it was good and entertaining, we are looking forward to going back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family and I dined here during our annual trip to Disney, and we were a little disappointed in our overall experience here. The service was excellent- I cannot even begin to convey how well we were treated. They even went above and beyond to accommodate us after I had made a blunder and booked our reservation on the wrong day. The food, however, was very bland, and they didn't even offer fried rice! Perhaps we are more used to our local hibachi restaurants, but this was not like what we expected at all. The chefs all make the same corny jokes as in any hibachi, and that was fine, too, but the food makes or breaks a Japanese steakhouse, and the food here was just average.

2  Thank DisneyF4
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Made a last-minute reservation here on a Saturday afternoon....what a wonderful decision! We were seated promptly....they do advise you that you will be seated with other parties but they do seem to take into account who may be best with who. We (4 adults) sat with another couple and ended up having a nice conversation during the meal. Our waitress was attentive without over doing it, and very informative in regards to the menu and other options. Our chef was hilarious also! Between the six of us, we tried all of the options (steak, chicken, shrimp or a combo of 2) as well as all of the veggie and side options. I also very much enjoyed the choice of how well done our steak would be....not a lot of hibachis give you Much of an option! But I cannot eat meat that is at all overcooked while another in my party likes hers like a hockey puck! But all of the food was cooked wonderfully, especially the shrimp! I find that at hibachis you either get the quality show or quality food....but here we got both! This will definitely be an 'every trip' experience for us!

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our first of many meals on our recent 17 night vacation to Disney World. Although it is always a neat experience to watch your food be cooked right at your table, that's pretty much where our experience ended. The food here was bland to say the least and the fans and chilly room temperature both contributed to our food getting cool or cold before we could finish it. To top off our somewhat disappointing dinner, we used the dining plan and needed to total a receipt brought to our table prior to our bill being finalized...this slip provided us with the opportunity to add a tip to be charged to our room account if we chose. Because I planned to tip with cash, I drew a line through the tip section and totaled the paper. When the waitress removed the slip from our table, she opened the portfolio it was in while still at the table and boldly asked us how we'd be taking care of the gratuity. I've never had that happen before or since and it made me quite uncomfortable. She brought the final receipt for our signature and again when she removed that portfolio, she looked inside and I can only assume she was looking for cash which I had placed on the table under my napkin instead of in the portfolio. Had this been later in our trip after our other great experiences and not first, I may have reconsidered leaving any tip at all.

1  Thank MMouse9944
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was amazing and the chef performed a real show for us while he cooked our food in front of us. He was hilarious!