“Bland food, bold service.”
Review of Teppan Edo

Teppan Edo
Ranked #101 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our first of many meals on our recent 17 night vacation to Disney World. Although it is always a neat experience to watch your food be cooked right at your table, that's pretty much where our experience ended. The food here was bland to say the least and the fans and chilly room temperature both contributed to our food getting cool or cold before we could finish it. To top off our somewhat disappointing dinner, we used the dining plan and needed to total a receipt brought to our table prior to our bill being finalized...this slip provided us with the opportunity to add a tip to be charged to our room account if we chose. Because I planned to tip with cash, I drew a line through the tip section and totaled the paper. When the waitress removed the slip from our table, she opened the portfolio it was in while still at the table and boldly asked us how we'd be taking care of the gratuity. I've never had that happen before or since and it made me quite uncomfortable. She brought the final receipt for our signature and again when she removed that portfolio, she looked inside and I can only assume she was looking for cash which I had placed on the table under my napkin instead of in the portfolio. Had this been later in our trip after our other great experiences and not first, I may have reconsidered leaving any tip at all.

1  Thank MMouse9944
There are newer reviews for Teppan Edo

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was amazing and the chef performed a real show for us while he cooked our food in front of us. He was hilarious!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Teppan Edo was a wonderful surprise this trip. We had lunch and our group of eight had a delightful time with our chef who by the way was very entertaining. The last time we dined it seemed the protein portion of our meal was rather small (steak and fish). Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised this time as the dining choices and portion sizes (steak and fish) had considerably improved. The chef was able to accommodate the two of us with our allergies with no problems. Next visit we will definitely be booking a reservation at Teppan Edo again!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hibachi is always fun! The show here at Disney is just a little better than your local places! I think the amount of tables all in one area increases the hype! They go all out for your bday/celebrations! Also if you can make a reso.--do so! If you can make one for a few min. before the park closes (like on a night they close at 9) for a late dinner--you can catch the fireworks while you wait for your table and when you are done with your meal you can walk the park empty...which is VERY COOL!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant was probably the best meal we had the whole time we were at Disney. I am a really picky eater so I was kind of worried that I wouldn't like it since it was out of my cheeseburger range. I just ordered chicken and it was fantastic! They give you different sauces to dip your meat and vegetables in and it was amazing. They noodles were delicious and the show was great. Our chef was very funny and friendly. They gave us a free dessert since we were on our honeymoon and they had made a little origami heart and wrote happy honeymoon on it! It was adorable! All of the staff was adorable and so nice. They bowed anytime they left the room or were finished talking to you. I really enjoyed not only the food but the environment.