“THE BEST SUSHI IN ORLANDO”

Japan Food Aki Restaurant
Ranked #885 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Neighborhood: Florida Center
ADELAIDE, AU
“THE BEST SUSHI IN ORLANDO”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Aki's for approximately 15 years.
We go every Tuesday, or if we miss that, we go another day in the week.
We try to be there for Happy Hour--5.30 to 6.30.
Most sushi and sashimi is only $1.00 per piece during Happy Hour!

We have been to Japan and know Japanese food.
Aki's food beats the Sushi and Sashimi in Japan!

Aki's fish is always fresh, and the portions are generous.
His servers are almost all Japanese and they are kind and respectful.

Aki's restaurant is hard to find. It is on Universal Blvd.
one block north of Sand Lake Road, in a half deserted
shopping center. When you enter the shopping center go
straight ahead until you see a sign "Japan Food."

That's it! You'll be very happy you went.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grossed out!! The CHEAPEST Japanese restaurant in Orlando.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've always given' Aki', another chance! I never leave there feeling content as the food is mediocre. It's a cafe type of restaurant. I guess I go there because my friends like their curry cutlet dish. It's not the best but they are satisfied. My friends tell me, never to order sushi there...but stick to the cooked items. Well, didn't listen to them and ended up going there before six pm where sushi is only $1 ea. So, we ordered sushi and some cooked items.

Well....to my shock, there was a long piece of hair wrapped around my eel sushi. It was so disgusting. It wasn't even a piece of hair...like eyebrow,eye lash, etc. It was a long hair....I guess long enough from the chef's hair. I haven't had sushi in over two months since I am still so grossed out. They quickly remade it but I should have stared at the chef...he did not even apologize.
This would never happen in any Japanese restaurant. If so...they would come out and apologize or the meal would be on the house. Nope. No acknowledgment.

I am so turned off and know I will never step into this restaurant, ever again!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tsuru22
Ontario, California
“Food was not bad”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I ordered the Rainbow roll with Japanese Ramen, they were both pretty good but not the best I've ever had.

Visited October 2012
Aberdeen, md
“Great sushi, but”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you are looking for excellent sushi at reasonable prices with efficient servers at the place that it would seem much of the local Japanese population eats (most of the other diners were Japanese, always a good sign for any ethnic restaurant in the US), then this is a good place for you. However, you need to keep in mind 2 things before going here. First, the last reviewer said the feel of the atmosphere seemed a little fast food. Frankly, I would say it felt a little more cafeteria like. It is a very stark and very well lit restaurant. If you eat here, you are going for the food only. Second, do not expect a large menu. Their sushi menu and menu as a whole is short. There are almost no specialty rolls. I am a pretty straight forward sushi eater, so this was great for me, but if you like all kinds of combo rolls, then this might not be the place for you. But again, great sushi at reasonable prices, I would go back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mddan9999
Tampa, Florida
“Great price for huge plates of fantastic sushi! An oasis in Orlando's culinary desert ;-)”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Quite simply one of the best sushi restaurants I have been to, evidenced by the fact the clientele was almost entirely Japanese when we were there. The sole sushi chef works overtime, but we did not have to wait too long .... the setting itself has a bit of a fast food feel, with plastic tables squashed into quite a small space in a small strip mall, but you won't regret giving this place a try! Phone ahead or get there early, since it was almost full when we arrived. Had we stayed longer, I would have eaten there all the time, since I was just tired of fast food / steakhouses ... felt like my insides were clogging up! Thank you, Aki Sushi!

• Visited June 2012