“Not So Happily Ever After”
Review of 1900 Park Fare

1900 Park Fare
Ranked #135 of 3,776 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers breakfast and dinner buffets with American-style cuisine and menu selections that change frequently. Both buffets are hosted by popular Disney Characters who are delighted to pose for photos or sign an autograph.
Cleveland
“Not So Happily Ever After”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We ate at this restaurant for my daughter's 5th birthday on Sep. 24, 2009. She loves Cinderella and likes the stepmom and stepsisters too so we thought this would be perfect. We arrived about 15 minutes early for our 6:30 reservation. They gave us a beeper and told us to wait. We snagged a couch in the hotel's lobby and there we sat for the next 45 minutes. My daughters aged 5 and 1 had nothing to do the entire time. Still my eldest was so excited and exhausted from her day at the Magic Kingdom that she manged not to misbehave too much. My husband went up to ask how much longer twice and no one would give him any kind of timeframe. Finally, I went up to complain. The cast members told me to get in line at the reservation desk with all the people checking in (it was quite a line) and that maybe they would be able to give me some kind of indication when I might be seated. I warned the families checking in around me just how long the wait was but I never made it to the front of the line because the beeper finally went off. I got my party and we were seated in the smaller back dining room. But first they took a pic of my daughter by herself (no character) that they tried to charge us $30 for. The smaller dining room was fine because it was much quieter than the large room. Our server then warned us that if we missed a character at any point it would be another 120 minutes before said character returned to our table. And then Prince Charming was there. We took a couple of pics but we had barely been seated befre he showed so we didn't have the autograph book out yet. I had to snag him as he tried to exit our room but he was very gracious about it. All of the characters and the staff were very nice and tried to be accomadating but the restaurant was so overwhelmingly packed with people I don't know how they even managed to keep smiling. Cinderella came next. Then the stepmother and each stepsister separately. The stepfamily was the best as far as attentiveness to the children. They took more time to chat with them and us. The main problem was that because it's a buffet you have to leave your table to get food and if you leave your table you're going to miss a character. I stayed with the kids and didn't eat until we had seen them all. Then I still couldn't get to the buffet because Cinderella and the prince were dancing and people were so crowded around to watch that you couldn't get through. Finally, I was able to get some food but while I was up there they had a sing-along of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo and they sang Happy Birthday to the birthday kids, of whom my daughter was one, so I missed out on singing to her. All in all, while it was a nice effort it was ferociously crowded and large and definitely not worth the wait. The main impression I got was one of major disorganization. We also ate at the Akershus princess dinner in the Norway section of EPCOT and did not encounter any of these problems. I would highly recommend that character meal over this one.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I was treated like i was not good enough to be in that restaurant!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Sept.13,2009 I was going through the door to tell them I was there for my reservation and I was told ""'(DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO MY RESTAURANT) in a ugly tone and the girl behind the counter was snoody towards me, I have never in m,y life went to a place where they humiliated me and my family like that,Especially At DISNEY , oh and when I shut the door I was going to the bathroom outside the door and two people were standing there and told me I could not use that bathroom I had to go around the corner. There was not a sign on the door and there WAS NOT ANYONE standing outside the door telling me they were not open. NEVER the less I didnot have a great time.MY KIDS loved the characters though, but hated the food. Later I called customer service and I was told they would tell the manager and he would probably call me back, GUESS WHAT I WAS NOT CALLED!!!! I will never eat there again and me and my family was very disappointed

1 Thank bobgary
san angelo, tx
“Waitress was very rude - still got $51 tip...”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

The food was average - buffet and nothing special. Seeing the Disney Princesses was nice but my son wasn't too excited (he wanted to see Mickey and Lightening McQueen). The waitress assumed we knew the process to using our dining plan which cost us time and led to a lot of unneeded stress! It was our first meal so we had no idea you only had to use one dining card per family - no one told us that - it was a mess! We had a party of 14 (4 families/7 adults and 7 children under 4) so we were automatically charged 18% gratuity. I suggest making reservations seperately and meet up after dinner so you're not automatically charged gratuity. Our waitress was extremely rude and it didn't matter she still got a nice $51 tip.

Greenlawn, New York
“OK”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We had a 7:25 Dinner reservation for 12, didn't get seated until 8:15PM. Everyone was tired and cranky by then. The food was good. I was expecting more on the buffet. My husband thinks they ran out of food. We had the free dining plan so we didn't care but if we paid the $350 for all of us to eat there, we wouldn't be too happy. We reserved a table for 12 not 2 tables of 6 and that is what they gave us. Again too tired and hungry to complain at that point. The characters were a lot of fun. Cinderella,Price Charming, Step Mother and Step Sisters (who were very funny). This is a great alternate to a princess dinner at the castle if you can't get in. I would reserve this on a night you want to eat early, say 5PM, because they were very backed up.

Sparta, New Jersey
“Disney August 2009 Vacation”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We went to a Character Breakfast on Tuesday August 18th - it was wonderful. My daughter got to meet Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and the Mad Hatter - who was hillarious. This was her favorite character breakfast. The food was very good and the service was wonderful. The Character Breakfast are a little pricy but you get tons of food and get a little personal time with Characters - which I thought was well worth the money. You will need to make reservations well in advance. Very nice buffet of breafast items - they will even make you an omlet.....