“Great Characters/Average Food”

Ranked #131 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers breakfast and dinner buffets with American-style cuisine and menu selections that change frequently. Both buffets are hosted by popular Disney Characters who are delighted to pose for photos or sign an autograph.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The characters here are great. There is the Fairy Godmother, the Prince, Cinderella and the two step sisters. The step sisters are very funny. They make funny faces and tell jokes. Your pictures with them will be great. Cinderella and the Prince start off the event with a waltz. You can take a photopass picture prior to entry. The Prince waltzed with little girls.

The tables are too close together. It was difficult to move between the tables. We were so close we felt like with were dining with the next table. We conversed the with our neighbors throughout dinner. They were lovely.

The food was average at best. Varied food options. Buffet style. The food did not draw you back for more but was adequate. You really get your value in the characters.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked this breakfast as DD & DS were both catered for by the characters which were present.

Good
Alice & Mary Poppins meet and greet - both were brilliant with the kids and spent lots of time with both.
Food choice - everything was on offer, I had an omelette cooked to order! Hubby had a steak, kids had a bit of everything. Well why not! We were on Hols and it all looked so good. We all had full tummies when we left.
Service - very quick and efficient. Our OJ and coffee was replenished frequently.
Hotel - gorgeous hotel and the surroundings. I want to go back and stay!

Not so good
Tigger and pooh - really came across as they were not bothered. We even had to ask for pooh to visit our table as he had gone straight past us.
Restaurant - showing its age. Needs a good make over and should try to avoid the 'dining room' look.

Would I go again, definitely. The niggles are minor and overall this was a successful start to the day.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I thought it might feel weird to do a character breakfast with 3 adults but we had a blast. The food is good for a buffet but nothing special. The main reason to go here is for the characters. We were able to get pictures with several including Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Tigger, and Mary Poppins. The characters rotate through the room making sure you have a chance to meet each one. It was so much better than waiting in line inside the park.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We ate at 1900 Park Fare for dinner because of the Cinderella happily ever after dinner. Everything about our meal was awful. We had dinner reservations and still had to wait 45 minutes to eat. Once we were seated at our table and received our drinks we never saw our waiter again. The food is buffet and its the same stuff you get everywhere and it was all pretty much cold. The characters don't come to every table they randomly select tables and then you have to flag them down to get them to come to you.

1  Thank misty m
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a last minute reservation for us that I was lucky to book online a week before our trip. I was worried after reading all the negative reviews, but I'm happy to say, everything was simply fantastic! The food was amazing and the characters were phenomenal. My almost two year daughter was so excited to meet a princess, and the ugly step sisters fought over which of my two sons they would marry. I loved how everyone in our party was included (there were seven us total). My only (small) complaint is we were sat in the very back of the dining room at the very last table. We were not able to see any of the "action" in the main dining hall and my kids were disappointed to be excluded. However, I will say it is quieter in the back and we ate a peaceful meal which the adults in our party appreciated. It is a very expensive meal (we were not on the dining plan) but it was SO worth it. We will be back!

1  Thank PhotoMomto3