“Great Food and Great Fun”
Review of 1900 Park Fare

1900 Park Fare
Ranked #136 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers breakfast and dinner buffets with American-style cuisine and menu selections that change frequently. Both buffets are hosted by popular Disney Characters who are delighted to pose for photos or sign an autograph.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family went to 1900 Park Fare for both the breakfast and the dinner. Both were awesome! Buffet dining so no one is left hungry, as well as many friendly characters for the kids. We actually prefer this buffet to Chef Mickeys.

There are newer reviews for 1900 Park Fare

Reviewed April 23, 2013

On 4/20/13 we had the opportunity to dine at 1900 Park Fair located in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort at Disney World. This restaurant is a Character Dining experience with buffet service. Things did not get off to a good start.

We had a 6:00 PM reservation which ran about 20 minutes late, but considering the mob outside I'm surprised we were seated that early. I did see a couple of larger parties with children that were put off much longer than my party of two was. The parents were understandably upset and were taking it out on the staff members. I have to hand it to them. The staff was much more courteous than I would have been after one tirade from a guest.
Please folks, understand what you are booking, and realize that Disney can't make a guest leave until they are ready to leave. This is an all you can eat character experience, and people are not going to leave until they get to meet the characters. It's not like Disney can put four Cinderellas in the same room.

When you check in with the hostess you are given the opportunity to have a picture taken by the PhotoPass people using a mural as a background. From a technical point of view this was by far the worst PhotoPass picture I have ever seen. No effort was made to compose the picture, and for the price they wanted the effort should have been made.

The food was okay, but nothing to write home about. My companion thought the food was too spicy. I didn't think so, but tastes vary. I did think that some of the food had been on the buffet a little longer than it should have been, but it was still okay. Other than that, the place was very crowded and fairly noisy. Once I got in there I knew why reservations were running late.

The characters were very good. They played their roles to perfection, every table was visited, and I saw many acts of kindness from the cast members that made the kid's day. This was way beyond the call of duty, but it was done with kindness and consideration. They all represented what I expect from Disney. An example would be one of the step-sisters fixing a young girls hair before Daddy could take a picture. Another was Prince Charming wiping a little girls face before the picture as if he was putting make-up on her. Nothing was done to embarrass the kids, but the effort was made to make sure they had a perfect picture to remember their visit for years to come.

Would I go again? Middle age is in my past, so it wasn't that appealing to me. My companion remembers the story from when she was a little girl and I thought she would get a kick out of it. As she said, she finally got to meet her Prince Charming, but she left with me.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was really looking forward to dining here after reading some great reviews but I was a little disappointed. The food was very good, better than other buffets but the character interaction wasn't as good. I was looking forward to the reported interaction and banter between the step-sisters and step-mother but this was non-existent, instead the characters just went from table to table not saying much. I don't think I would bother again, its not like Chef Mickey's where I would return time after time.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stopped by 1900 Park Fare for supper during out Disney trip.

Food was bland and the same you get at ALL the Disney Buffets

This restaurant is aimed towards children and families. It's VERY loud.

I am a kid at heart but found it to be too loud and congested. Cinderella and the Prince come out and dance ( which makes your heart melt at any age if you are a Disney Fan). Cinderella's step sisters were absolutely hilarious! Asked if our male counterparts had bought us diamonds etc. ( which they hadn't). The stepsisters made our WHOLE experience!

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is our tradition to eat ath 1900 Park fare our first night at disney. We have been doing this since our daughter was young - food is good, they accommodate any allergies and the best Cinderella, Price charming and step-sisters location! You get lots of time, great at the table picture ops and one on one time for the kids to meet the characters at your table.