“Love the Characters”

Ranked #132 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers breakfast and dinner buffets with American-style cuisine and menu selections that change frequently. Both buffets are hosted by popular Disney Characters who are delighted to pose for photos or sign an autograph.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Love the Characters”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I recently took our 2 year old princess loving daughter for dinner. We have done a few other character dinners and this one was ok. I would do it again but I prefer Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. The cost between the two places was nearly the same. The photo they take when you arrive is $30! I almost choked! The buffet choices were great and the food tasted really good. My daughter was quite content with her pizza and fruit. As others have said I did feel rushed but I think that is in the timing of when your reservation is. The characters came out 15 minutes after we sat down. With buffet style dining you are up and down getting your food but you are trying to make sure you are at your table for when the characters come to greet. The step sisters were great in character but I wish they had interacted a little more with my daughter she didn't understand their "rudeness" as part of the character. She loved the fairy Godmother who spent the most time making small talk with her and of course Prince Charming and Cinderella. All in all it was what my husband and I expected when we made the reservation. We did it for the atmosphere for our daughter's enjoyment and she enjoyed herself. It was to really nice to step away from Magic Kingdom and get out of the crowds for dinner and then go back for fireworks. We will go again if our daughter wants to.

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank Swit_24

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, DC
“Insanity”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to a character dinner for a recent trip to Disney- I thought that because this restaurant is in the Grand Floridian it would be nice! Imagine my surprise that when we walked in it was basically a middle school cafeteria ! Air conditioning was broken when we went and hostess tried to bump us from our reservation because Grandma was in the bathroom when the pager went off. (no, really, all the members of the party will be here in literally one minute!) food was ok. Cinderella, prince charming and the Stepfamily were awesome and stayed in character- all the kids loved it :) so for that reason I'm glad we went... But I will never do this character meal again. Would do Chef Mickeys or Cinderella's table at the castle (tip- go for breakfast at the first seating and you get in to the magic kingdom early).

2 Thank DC_diva_10
Peekskill, New York
“Okay buffet”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to the Grand Floridan for the buffet with the characters on the Disney Dining Plan. The characters were great but the buffet was a little disappointing. We were seated in a back dining room which may have effected how we felt.
Grand Floridian is beautiful but the buffet was just okay.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank romara711
swansea
“Good Fun”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was good, Mickey waffles, oatmeal, grits, eggs, and pizza eggs for the kids and served at a kids sized buffet. The adults got lobster eggs benedict, omelets, pancakes, fruit. It was delicious! I just don't weigh enough to make the food the value. For $86 for the 4 of us, it was all about the character dining for the kids, and that was worth it.

Visited February 2013
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We went in 2009 and the food was amazing. When we returned in 2013 we decided to revisit. I usually like to do character meals at the nicer locations that way my kids get to enjoy the characters while I enjoy the food. There has been changes since 2009. All the food I loved was gone. The food was edible but not the great tasty things I was expecting. The characters were wonderful again and spent alot of time at our tables. We loved the evil step sisters and they tried to marry my 11 year old son who hid under the table. Meeting Lady Tremaine Prince Charming Cinderella more than covered the expense of the dinner. We will return. Not for the food but the experience

2 Thank Cindyanne1131