“Convenient convention center business spot”
Review of Vito's Chop House

Vito's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Vito's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: International Drive & Austrian Row
Description: Vito's is voted one of the Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America featuring Tuscan-herb rubbed aged steaks & chops, fresh seafood and Italian specialties. Vitos's has the largest & most diverse selection of wine in all of Orlando & has earned the Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence since 1999. In addition, Vito's lounge offers an extensive selection of fine wines, rare cognacs, scotch, grappas & cigars. Providing upscale service in an intimate, business or social setting, Vito's is the right choice for any occasion.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visit Vito's regularly during our many Orlando conventions. Located just North of the Convention Center on International Drive, Vito's is convenient to most convention hotels, and frequently recommended by hotel concierges. Vito's features an excellent pre-dining menu presentation of fresh steaks, with each offering explained for taste, marbling and more. Vito's is dependable for a good steak, good seafood, large sides meant for sharing, and a well-rounded dessert selection. The orange-wood grill adds a slightly sweet citrus flavor to the foods, making Vito's a distinctive flavor experience. The wait staff is helpful, and large tables are well-staffed. We had 5 different staff attend our table of eight during the meal -- and there was not one single mistake with regard to meal selections or placements. Prices are acceptable for a business meal or a special occasion. One suggestion would be to offer a smaller steak cut as the smallest on the menu is 10 ounces. A 6-8 ounce choice would be welcomed. A major downside is that the two large side rooms are very loud and generally populated by large tables of convention goers. Our table fit that description, but the volume in the two large rooms makes conversation difficult. The meal pace was slow, with long gaps between courses. For our business meal, this gave us extra discussion time, but does make for a very long experience. If you're in town for a business meal, this is a good choice. If you're thinking of visiting for a personal visit, make sure you're seated in one of the booths in the main dining room, or get a spot at the bar.

There are newer reviews for Vito's Chop House

Reviewed February 8, 2013

In town for a conference. Asked the Doubletree staff for a recommendation. Vito's was highly recommended. Struggled to get a reservation for 14 done. Table ready when we arrived. Service was slow. Wine menu was excellent but way overpriced. Took too long to order. When food arrived my steak was cooked medium rare instead of medium well. Sent it back. Came back medium. Even at that price I wasn't sending it back again. My side dish never came. Waiter took it off the bill. Bottomline is that for the price I expected better service than I got. My suggestion is go elsewhere if you are looking for good value on a high end meal.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

No reservations, no problem. Had a great meal and drinks and the waiter was awesome. The wine we picked was not available so he gave us a good recommendation. Started off with some raw oysters that were perfect. I had the filet mignon and my friend had the porterhouse. The food was cooked to perfection and the taste was to die for. A little pricey, $247.00 for 2 of us but that's
what you pay for good food and service.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a good meal at Vito's Chop House. We had a party of tem and the Waite staff did a good job taking care of us.
The steaks and chops are good, but not the best steaks available.
The discontinued the seafood tower.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Wow! How did so many people get the idea that this restaurant deserved anything more than a "poor" rating. I have reviewed area restaurants for a major New England newspaper for more than 5 years and "poor" is being generous to this gussied up 'Olive Garden'. Start with the reservations. On arrival, there was difficulty in finding it and then the hassle of figuring out to place us (2) in a booth or middle-of-the-room table. I asked for a booth and only after a small fight with someone who might have been a manager did I get what I wanted.
The restaurant should have floor level lighting and the menus should have been printed in braille. Why so dark? Are they trying to hide something? The server was a pleasant enough girl who informed us that this was her "first night". When she asked for our drink order, I ordered a Baccardi and Diet Coke ($7) with "no fruit" (as in no lime) and she had a hard time with what Baccardi was and why didn't I want fruit? G-r-r-r-r Then I thought it was unusual that she asked "Do you want ice with that"? Well, duhh, yea I want ice with a mixed drink. There was NO MENTION that ice at Vito's costs an additional $2. Now, I'm in my late 50s and I've dined in thousands of restaurants and went ballistic when I saw a $2 surcharge for ice. That "manager guy" explained that all the restaurants in Orlando have that charge. I doubt it. Have you ever been charged an extra $2 for ice in North America?

The $6 Cesar salad was limp and warm and over sauced. The Beef Carpaccio ($13) was good. See, I do tell it like it is. I guess it's Vito's style to serve it on a long platter, that was almost the length of my side of the table. I sampled my friend's Shrimp and Scallop Scampi ($29 . . . yes, $29). The linguini was warm and the seafood was overly cooked but cool. The menu advised, "sauteed with fresh garlic". If garlic was in the kitchen, very little of it made it to the giant bowl. It was a total disappointment and at the price, was what we frequently call a "rip off"! I'm not sure what the 'micro' brew beer was, but let's just say, it was an "acquired taste". It tasted sort of like a by-product of some chemical plant. Half of it was left in the glass.
If you add all the prices together and throw in a 20% tip, that was a $74.40 bill. I could not wait to get out of there and write this review. There are so many other choices in Orlando and on International Drive. Vito's Chop House does not deserved anyone's recommendation.