“Amazing Thai, best in Orlando”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #705 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Thai, best in Orlando”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Best Thai food in Orlando, and I've tried several Thai spots, especially along Colonial. Everything at Thai House is fresh, delicious, perfectly spiced and not overpriced. My favorites are the spring rolls, the Tom Kha soup, either the panang or the Thai House duck (get the full portion, it's served on a sizzling platter), the phad panang or phad poong galee, and in the noodles and rice arena, their Pad Thai is perfect, and their basil fried rice is a real treat. Always a treat to eat here, and the staff is so friendly and welcoming. Great for take out as well.

• Visited August 2014

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Not sure why other folks rated if so high”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We love Thai food and while vacationing in Orlando, we wanted to try Thai. I found three Thai restaurant with 4.5 TripAdvisor rating and chose this one. The restaurant is located half a block away from Lac Viet, which we also tried a while back. Restsurant is nicely decorated but food definitely not worth it's look. It should not get higher than 3 rating. This comes from someone who frequents Thai restaurants.

• Visited August 2014
GA,
“Great resturant”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

really nice restaurant. The décor may not be the best but the food is really good. Server recommended a few options that worked well. Crunchy snapper was good. Cucumber salad was at room temp so not the best.

• Visited July 2014
Orlando
“Best Thai Food in Orlando”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I visited Thailand for nearly 2 months last year and I ate everything it had to offer. After eating so much amazing food in Chiang Mai, I have found that Thai food in America just is not the same. However, the closest thing to the real deal that I have found is Thai House.

Located on East Colonial, (right around Viet Town) if you look at it from the outside, it looks like a rundown restaurant that is going to be closed down by a health inspector. However, these hole-in-the-wall places are usually the best, and Thai House does not disappoint.

The charming red house is beautifully decorated on the inside, giving off an authentic Thai vibe. The aroma in the atmosphere will immediately tickle your olfactory nerves and make your mouth water. When I sat down, I could barely focus on the menu, because I was too busy scoping out the finger-licking dishes that the neighboring tables had ordered—everything from plump, steamy duck roasted to perfection to creamy eggplant basil in a rich, tangy sauce.

Needless to say, my brain was firing on all cylinders, scanning the menu to make a quick choice that was obviously the best. We had a couple of waiters/waitresses helping us out, all of which gave us prompt and polite service (and that is no easy feet when you’re waiting on a table of ½ dozen pushy, loud Indians).

I wanted something simple and classic as a starter and decided to go with the sweet and sour soup as an appetizer, hoping to stretch my stomach. This simple and classic dish was much more pleasing than anything you would find at a chain restaurant. The cucumber, tomato, carrot, and bell peppers offered a tartness that was complimented with the sautéed pineapple bits mixed in. It was a delicate yet delicious starter.

Once the main dish arrived, I began to scarf down my green curry. True to form, it had an impressive spicy kick to it that matched the sweet coconut milk in the sauce. The crunchy bamboo shoots and zesty bell peppers were a refreshing change to the normally soggy vegetables that are often present in such dishes. And then there’ are the colorful bursts of basil, zucchini, and peas that give the curry an earthy tone.

Thai House of Orlando has established a good group of regulars and new customers. They offer truly traditional, delicious Thai dishes.

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“One of my Favorites”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love Asian Food, especially Thai, and Thai House is quite possibly my favorite in Orlando. Very consistent, always fresh and delicious served by some of the friendliest servers in town. Whenever I want an excellent meal I head to Thai House and am never disappointed.

• Visited May 2014