“Try Il Mulino New York Trattoria in the Swan Hotel Instead”

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Disappointing experience. I was so excited to finally try Shula's Steakhouse after hearing about it for years, but I probably won't return. The whole experience seemed formulaic and dated...the football on the table, an uninspired presentation of raw steaks in plastic wrap, gargantuan portions, and team service that was far too fast and impersonal. The food was good, but not great. The prices (especially alcohol) outpaced the quality of just about everything I ate. For comparable prices, I suggest dining at the nearby Il Mulino New York Trattoria in the Swan hotel. It's light years better.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed March 18, 2010

I was staying at the Swan Hotel. My first time in Disney World, I spent alot of time going through all the things the hotel provided.

One thing that caught my eye was that Schula's had a "special" going with a fixed priced menu from 5PM to 6PM only. It includes soup or salad/ entree and desert for 39.99. A pretty good deal... And it worked with my budget too.

So, I book a 5:30 reservation.

The place is nice... A little too dimly lit for my taste, but it would be very romantic... If I wasn't there with family.

Anyhow... The waiter comes.. gives us the regular menu. I ask about the "special" menu and he plays dumb. So after a minute or two of going around and him treating me like I'm an idiot... he FINALLY acknowledges .... "oh.. the early bird menu".

He goes off and comes back with 2 menus although there was 4 of us.

Long story short, the food was good, not great... But despite advertising their special, they seemed to go out of their way to not acknowledge it.... in fact, there is NO WAY we would have been told if it if we just walked in...

The Food was good, in line with all the other steak houses of this caliber, but the whole deal with the waiter left a bad taste in my mouth. It was clear they were trying to avoid us from ordering on this menu .... EVEN WHEN WE ASKED FOR IT.... and for that... I'm giving a 4 star meal 2 stars.

1  Thank dawoz
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Went to a business dinner at Shula's in the Disney Dolphin resort. We had a private room that was comfortable and classy, but borderline stuffy. After a short presentation of the cuts of meat by our server, who proudly announced Shula's owned the farms the cattle came from that ended up as Shula's beef, I was impressed with their seemingly attentive control of the supply chain. I asked the server if the beef was grass fed, which I was sure that it was, and was very surprised to find out it was grain fed instead. This made no sense that a restaurant that prides itself on owning the cattle they slaughter would not want to ensure it was the healthiest and best tasting as possible for their customers. I did not have a steak, but a tasty but plain Mahi Mahi dish. Two people in my party ordered Caesar salads, and they were shocked that the lettuce, which was hidden under globs of dressing, was brown and slightly slimy, obviously past its optimal freshness. This is the type of place where everything is a la carte. We had some well prepared crab claws for an appetizer and some tasty desserts to share as well. Glad this was a business dinner and not something I was paying for!

2  Thank GoBoSox07
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This restaurant does not live up to the meaning of hospitality. Managers are not visible, allowing hosts to run the restaurant. Initial server became rude when the first bottle of wine was the incorrect vintage. Asked for the 48oz porterhouse to be sliced in the kitchen for my wife and I. Sliced table side by the server who did his best but by the time he completed this the steak was cold and destroyed. Would recommend Flying Fish at the Boardwalk or Todd English in the same hotel. Off property stick with Morton's for steak house

1  Thank JJLNY4321
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Ate here after arriving much later than planned (day and a half!).

Food was very well prepared and presented. Method of showing the cuts and size by using the real steaks wrapped in film helped with choice. Very good wine selection.

Sides were enormous so we were well advised to share by our server but still could not get through them despite the steaks not coming with any other accompaniments. Lovely sour dough bread whilst waiting - maybe we should not have eaten so much of that!

Food and wine was a tad overpriced but we had worked that out before sitting down and just wanted to relax with a good steak after a horrendous trip