“Dare I say it - My best steak ever?!?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shula's Steak House

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wisconsin
“Dare I say it - My best steak ever?!?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've only recently become a steak fan - I'd say maybe in the last year or two. I find most steaks to be good, even very good - but very few have made the AMAZING list. In fact, only two and this one might be at the top.

We dined here on July 4th with no reservations. We have been doing the July 4th weekend at Disney for the last four years, and have found that the resort restaurants are not busy at all (everyone is at the parks). We had absolutely no problem getting in (around 6:30pm). Everyone from the greeter to our waiters were more than pleasant. Service is over 50% of our dining experience, so this is important to us. I love that the service was attentive, without being in your face annoying.

They did a good job explaining a brief history of the Shula restaurants when we were seated, and a good explanation of the various steaks by the waiter.

We started off with a favorite bottle of wine and shared a French onion soup. I chose the cowboy steak ( a bone in ribeye if I recall ), and hubby got another steak that I can't recall (see I really am a steak expert -sorry).

I couldn't believe the texture and flavor of my steak. It really melted in my mouth. It was simply seasoned (not covered in a heavy sauce - although you could choose one if you wanted). Unbelievable. We shared a side of green beans. That was a bit of a shock for us, as they apparently put lime juice on them. At first we puckered, but then found we couldn't resist more. I will have to try that at home.

Yes, this place is expensive. We don't splurge very often like this, but when we do, we know what we are getting in to. No surprises. The bill with wine and tip was about $200 (no desert for us). If you can afford it, give it a try. I just worry that now I will be spoiled every time I order a steak somewhere else!

San Diego, California
“Excellent Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

You'll find a very good steak at Shula's, located at the Dolphin Resort(near Epcot) of DisneyWorld. Warm woods, comfortable seating and great Dolphin (NFL) memorabilia compliment this "not your usual hotel" steakhouse. The service was fabulous and the waiter was helpful and attentive without being intrusive. The signature cocktails started everything off on a fine note, but there is a decent wine list if you go that route. The steak was absolutely cooked to perfection, you could easily cut it with a fork, it was that tender and juicy. However, I am not giving Shula's an "excellent" rating when compared to other high end chain steak houses such as Flemings,Morton's and Ruth's Chris which I think have better sides and appetizers. The offerings at Shula's are limited and not especially original; au gratin potato, asparagus spears, crab mac and cheese. We've seen all this before. It's all good but not memorable. If I had one suggestion it would be to offer a "petite" cut. The beef cuts are rather large and if you are staying at the hotel a "doggie bag" isn't useful. Yes, you can always share, if someone in your party wants to order what you do...Overall this was a very good dining experience, just don't know if I would make the trip if I wasn't staying at the resort...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank s b
Palm City, Florida
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Top notch service and excellent food make this an experience. The prices are not for the faint of heart, but if you want a true dining experience with the highest quality meats and awesome servers, this is the place for you. It's in the Dolphin Resort on the Disney grounds.

Visited July 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“Best Shulas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Great service and the Cowboy steak was amazing! I've been to a few other Shulas but this was by far the best I've been too. I will definitely return to this restaurant.

York, United Kingdom
“Great steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

GREAT steak house and service. Worth the visit for a tip top steak meal but ensure you have a loan before you enter. Looking at $100 a head for just main with sides. However go if if you a great steak and great service go here as it won't be beaten.