“Excellent Food”

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,791 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This location was very convenient for us since we were staying in the Dolphin Resort. Shula's i on the bottom level. We went at the beginning of the dinner hour on a Monday evening and were seated very quickly. The staff was wonderful. Including the fact that our youngest dropped her pacifier on our way to be seated. One of the waiters even offered the use of a flashlight. We did eventually find it and without hesitation our waiter offered to wash it off for us. My husband decided to do the 48 ounce challenge which he successfully completed! He was presented with a certificate and has his name in the club. Our oldest daughter (age 9) ordered chicken and macaroni and cheese (kids menu) and the waiter cut up the chicken for her. She was impressed with this. My mother in law ordered crab cakes, I had the scallops and we ordered a side of crab macaroni and cheese (family style sides). Everything tasted wonderful!

dljr60
“eat steak not the fish”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The steaks are good at Shula. My last visit I was a little under the weather and was with friends. So I ordered Salmon. I guess better to stay with what a place is famous for. The salmon not so good. Steak good!

Visited June 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious food in a loud dinner environment.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food was outstanding! We were a party of 5 (3 older adults and 2 30-somethings). Definitely order some steak here, as it was some of the best cuts of meat I've had in a while. The waitress took her time in explaining the different cuts of meat, and it was helpful to see the actual size of the cuts. The 3 older adults ordered 2 prime rib dishes to share, and had plenty left over for another meal (and they are big eaters!). The cowboy steak was plenty for me, and I had an extra meal for the next day. The young male of the family finished off a 24 ounce porterhouse with no problems. All of the leftovers made very tasty fajitas the next day.

The crab mac and cheese was just ok- for the expense it wasn't worth it. Mushrooms were great and added to the steaks very nicely.The garlic mashed potato was so creamy... delicious! We also got the broccoli, which was huge! Both the desserts- chocolate cake and cheesecake, were just standard for me, nothing mind-blowing. They have 3 desserts that must be pre-ordered when you order your main meal... maybe those are more worth it!

Like others have said, it was noisy. We were there on a Monday at 7:30 and it was packed. This was a birthday dinner and we wished it was easier to converse without yelling across the table. For a 300+ meal, I'd like to be able to hear my family talking!

We did valet parking, as the parking lot at the hotel was very full. Just another charge to consider.

Lansing, MI
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The steaks were terrific here. I had the cowboy steak and my son and husband had the filet. All were delicious I tried a piece of my son's filet and it just melted in my mouth. We also had the scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese and broccoli. All of the sides were amazing. We split the trio of creme brulee for dessert and they were all delicious. The wait staff was amazing. They were very attentive really explained the food offerings and made recommendations when asked. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. My only complaint was it was a bit loud and difficult to hear your dinner companions.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Best Steak....Period”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The waiter starts off by bringing you a cart with all the cuts of beef available. Then takes the time to explain the cuts and how they are purchased exclusively for Shula's. Then works with you to select exact cut you want and how well you want it cooked. When the steak is served, it is EXACTLY what you hoped it would be. The perfect cut of beef done to perfection. One drawback is the price, but then again, you get what you pay for. You can go other places for a steak dinner, but if you're in the mood for the best steak you ever had, then go to Shula's.

• Visited January 2013