“Don't waste your time or money”
Review of Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood
Reserve with OpenTable
Planet Hollywood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #437 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed May 12, 2010

On May 2, 2010, my daughter, granddaughter and I had reservations for a birthday celebratory dinner through our stay at one of Disney's properties. We booked this dinner based on name only. What we got was the biggest disappointment one could imagine. After twenty-five years in the restaurant business I really thought I had seen and heard it all, but I was wrong.
I should have listened to my waitress when I asked for a recommendation and she said "get the ribs". Apparently this is the only item on the menu they can actually make. When I responded to her "how's everything" with a "very disappointing", she immediately sent the manager, 'Johnny Bravo' over. According to him, my daughter shouldn't have expected the fajitas to be edible because "we're not a Tex-Mex kiind of place". As far as my barely cooked mahi-mahi, I was told they really aren't "a top shelf kind of place . . . after all they're trying to serve 27000 people a day". Yeah, okay. When he said he'd meet the Disney discount on my bill, I felt a little less robbed - but he must have forgotten (probably trying to get to those 26999 other people!), because he took NOTHING off my bill. That was my first and last visit to a PH restaurant. My advice to their management: find another manager for your Disney location and retrain your kitchen staff to actually cook the menu items, or take everything but the ribs off!
STAY AWAY! :(

2  Thank consultant0121
Write a ReviewReviews (4,175)

Reviewed May 2, 2010

We made a reservation and used Disney dining plan so it was a great deal. The salmon was great along with the desserts. Kid meals were good. My husband had the steak and it was really good although his stomach hurt afterwards. I always wanted to go to Planet Hollywood and it was worth it. I would go again if I was in the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2010

The people, the food and the surroundings are awesome. Customer service is hard to find until you walk into Planet Hollywood, Orlando. Timothy saw that we needed special attention and Brandy was willing to help. They both took the initiative to ensure our visit was a memorable one. WIth the direction of the manager, Hector Done, we had a wonderful experience. They sat is in a comfortable are and sent over a terrific waiter. I felt that the highlight of our visit to DIsney was Planet Hollywood. I appreciate the attention that they bestowed apon my family. I also witnessed the same with everyone that visited there.

Reviewed April 28, 2010

We ate here as soon as we got to Disney. So it was our first meal and it was a great way to start off our vacation! We were very happy here! My daughter ordered the spag & meatballs and she loved it. She ate just about all of it. My husband ordered the buff wings and he was very pleased. I ordered the mozz and tom. was to die for. Fot oue dinners I ordered the NY stripe and my husband ordered the baby back ribs. All were wonderful. For desert I got a milk shake to go! The foos was really good and I have to say that was the coolest ladies room I have ever seen! Anyway the atmosphere was great. TV's everywhere with music videos playing and actual artifact from movies all over. A lot of fun!!! Only down fall is that it is cramped

Reviewed March 27, 2010

I've just returned from Orlando, and in our last night in the city, my group and I decided to have dinner in Planet Hollywood. It just turned in a bad experience! The waiter was not gentle, he was always in a hurry! The ceasar salad with shrimps we ordered was bad, and the check was quite expensive!