“Noisy and Crowded But a Fun Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood
Reserve with OpenTable
Planet Hollywood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #513 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Troy, Alabama, United States
“Noisy and Crowded But a Fun Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We hadn't been to Planet Hollywood in Orlando a few years, but decided to visit this trip. We had reservations so we were seated promptly in a booth upstairs. The booth seat where I sat was broken so I was seated much lower than my party, but it wasn't awkward enough to complain about a move. Our server could've been more attentive regarding our drinks, but the service was ok. I feel the food is overly priced., but you do get large portions. I was not hungry so I order the appetizer of the Blackened Shrimp. They were tasty, spicy and very messy! My husband, as usual, ordered the fried lasagna. He had more than he could eat. We will visit again, but probably will wait a couple of years before going back.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Clarksville, Tennessee
“There's better options at DTD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This was by far our most expensive meal this trip, and it was not intentionally. For 4 adults and 2 children our bill was just shy of $250. Now normally in Disney you expect to pay a little more, but you can count on good food, not here. No one was impressed with their meal, from burgers and ribs to lasagna and pasta. The kids chicken tenders were not very good as well. The part that was a bit shady, was when they refilled the ice teas in the souvenir cups, they brought out new ones and charged for them. I guess it was on us for not asking, but that hurt the wallet pretty bad. All that being said, the environment is very cool, lots of stuff to keep your eyes busy. Plus our server was friendly and helpful, minus ripping us off with the cups.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank GDGandTBiggs
Orlando, Florida
“LOUD, BRASH, BIG - TYPICALLY AMERICAN!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

What a imposing venue, you can see it for miles and it has film props around the outside (Ace Ventures jeep for one!)
Up the stairs to have your photo (which they try to hard sell to you when at your table) to avoid this take the lift under the stairs!
When upstairs you are led to your table which you can request to move to another if you wish just ask.

We were asked for our drinks order and then assisted by our lovely server to choose our mains.
At this point (due to travelling for the last 20 hours from the uk) my 6 year old went to sleep lying across my lap.
Very gingerly ate my New York Strip Steak which was very good!

The server took her pizza straight back to the kitchen and boxed it up for her. My wife had pasta and my 9 year old had chicken and chips (sorry fries).

Then came dessert, my wife abstained but I decided to share with my daughter and we opted for the chocolate fudge cake with ice cream.
What came out was staggering, basically a wedge of cake well a third of a cake on its side with portions of ice cream and cream the size of cricket balls!
Surprise surprise but we didn't get halfway through it. What sort of portions were those it would have fed all 4 of us easily.

The music is an issue lets not hide the fact, if the management read these reviews get rid of the DJ he ruins the atmosphere and replace him with the much cheaper movie soundtrack cd's.
That's why we go the Planet Hollywood not to listen to very loud music(plenty of pubs and clubs nearby) but to look at the movie props and emerse yourselves in the atmosphere.

Pushy staff for picture sales and servers hovering for their tip which is expected as the norm. This really doesn't sit we'll with the Brits as waitresses EARN the tip through good service not doing the bare minimum and knowing they will get 18%!
We had the Disney Dining plan and the tip would be $20 each night which equates to another $280 or £200 during the 14 day holiday!

All in all if they change the music and be less pushy then it's well worth a visit, excellent meal which is mainly what you go for.
So much to see took ages to get out much to my wife's annoyance, carrying a sleeping 6 year old didn't help either.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MrsDisney2013
PH_CustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Planet Hollywood, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to customerservice@planethollywoodintl.com? Please make sure to include the date and the location of your visit in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.
“Great place... If you enjoy eating in a night club!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Booked In advance and were really excited. But once we were inside we realised the music playing reflected absolutely nothing of what surrounded the walls of the restaurant, e.g. Movie themed. The music was far too loud, it was all rap/hip hop nightclub music, and it wasn't at all thought over for elderly or young diners. The food wasn't bad, once my husband asked for his fries to be changed, as they originally came out cold. We were really disappointed here, I also took my parents, who really couldn't understand the music choices. Why not have a movie soundtrack instead? I wouldn't recommend eating here, unless you enjoy eating in a nightclub style restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RochelleCot
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food but rushed service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We opted to go to Planet Hollywood this time after being disappointed with Hard Rock Cafe on a previous visit and even though the food is soo much better the atmosphere and service is pretty much the same where they try and get you in and out as quickly as possible. We wanted to relax and enjoy our nice food but half way through our main course the waiter brought over the dessert menu and started making recommendations?! We were not impressed, it's a real shame as it could have been a much better experience without feeling rushed.
We had Texas tostadas to share as a starter which were ok and I had the garlic prawns with noodles for my main which was really tasty one of my nicest dishes this holiday and my boyfriend had fried lasagne which he loved we had a couple of beers and a $10 discount and it came to about $50ish dollars pre tip.

1 Thank Abbots76