“Mardi gras bummed out” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Mardi gras bummed out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I was going to go here today for Mardi Gras is it really closed? It's so close to my house and I guess I waited just a little too long to have some Cajun Creole and cocktail sorry to the owners that it didn't last restaurant business is really tough on to bigger and better things I hope for you

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Gotta Go and Try to Make Tony Blush!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

When we went there, we really didn't know what to expect...my wife and sister-in-law are from Louisiana so when they saw the word "Bayou" in the name of the restaurant that is all it took. Upon entering the restaurant for dinner last night, we were greeted with a "Welcome" that bellowed from a large, smiling African American who was cooking back in the kitchen. Sarah, our server also greeted us and then seated us at a comfortable bench table. We started looking at the menu and noticed instantly that this was not your normal restaurant from the plethora of unique menu items that were listed. I would suggest you go to their website to do a preliminary review of their menu before going so it is not so overwhelming...there are so many great choices. We ordered the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer and (Sorry Grandma) they were the best we have ever had. Sarah brought us some bread with butter that is whipped with maple syrup so its like you get your desert before the meal! The fried onion rings were thinly sliced into "strings" and were delicious. I ordered the seasoned pork chops with triple baked potato and roasted vegetables which was wonderful. Sis got the fried catfish with red beans and rice and the wife got the Boston crab harbor which they loved. The portions were HUGE and even after we all ate our fill, we brought home 3 boxes and 3 bowls of food for today. As we were boxing up our food, the friendly chef, Tony, came out of the kitchen and the 3 of us applauded him for his food preparation. He gave us a huge smile and said, "I can't believe you made me blush". We spoke with him a while and learned that he studied under one of the finest chef's ever in New Orleans history, Paul Prudhome, who made Cajun cooking world famous. Take it from us, Tony definitely learned his trade well. Highly recommended. Looking forward to going back for Sunday brunch and seeing if we can make Tony blush again! Best of luck Tony and hope your restaurant becomes a huge success!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dirk G
Port Orange, Florida
“You will love the food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place is a well kept secret to great interesting foods. It is not your everyday menu. The chef is also the owner. On Sunday breakfast is all day, it is $6.00 for any breakfast on the menu....be ready to be stuffed and delighted with the quality and flavor of the foods. They have lunch and dinner too. Regional Grill & Bayou is easy to get to, Curry Ford Road is connected to Semora turn West on Curry Ford Road or you can get there by getting off I-4 on Kaylie or come from Downtown Orlando by going East on Anderson turn right on Bumby and Left on Curry Ford Road, it is located on the right side on the street. Please come try the food you will love it and you will not leave there hungry.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Marge f
Orlando, FL
“Give it a try, you'll like it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped in for lunch this past weekend. The service was perfect. Jeremy came to the table the right amount of times, kept drinks full and was honest with opinion. It's rare to have this quality of service. We tipped about 45% and felt good about it.

The decor was so-so. The chairs and butcher paper tablecloths were run of the mill, but the columns and walls were nice. However, I'd much rather have good food and service than higher end decorations. The sign is hard to see from the road.

The food was the star. We shared an app of bayou onion straws and it was heaping for about $4. The sauce was a very good chipotle mayo. My wife had a grilled cheese and bowl of chicken au gratin soup. I had a cheddar steak and veggie sandwich with fries. The rib eye steak sammy was very good. It came with toasted bread, lettuce, squash and tomato with cheese. The fries were slightly seasoned with Parmesan to make them just perfect. I was impressed with my meal. My wife said her grilled cheese is one of the best she has ever had. When we look at a restaurant, we look at how they do the basics and adventure from there. The soup was very good as well. It was stew-like thick and full of flavor!

We will CERTAINLY be back

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Nice, new, inexpensive neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went here for breakfast with the husband. Menu has two sides, but only one price - $5.95! This is a fantastic deal for the food you get (I had eggs benedict - too buttery for my taste but I still liked it - with home fries and fresh fruit, and my husband had scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, and fresh fruit). He has a dairy allergy and they were very accommodating for him, offering suggestions and they brought out the Chef to confirm what was ok and not ok for him. We wouldn't have gone here without hearing the recommendations from other neighbors, but we're glad we did. The decor inside is nicer than the outside suggests. I don't like spicy food so normally I wouldn't go to a Cajun restaurant, but Regional Grill and Bayou serves all kinds of food from across the USA. With this restaurant less than a mile from our house, we'll certainly come back to try other meals.

• Visited August 2013