“A True taste of New Orleans”
Review of Belle Isle Bayou - CLOSED

Belle Isle Bayou
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Orlando
“A True taste of New Orleans”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am a Cajun junky and also visited with a critical friend from Louisiana. Our entire party loved almost every moment of our experience. I have now been 4 times and the quality is consistent. The atmosphere, service and food are all top notch. The debris Po Boy is as good if not better than anything I've had in New Orleans. The gumbo is phenomenal and we were told award winning. Only disappointment was on our visit a couple of weeks ago the crawfish ettouffee was fairly bland and watery. I highly recommend this place to any fan of Cajun. I will be back many times.

• Visited February 2014

East Coast Florida
“Authentic Cajun atmosphere and food- A Must visit”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you have ever liked or wanted to try good ole Cajun, Louisiana style cooking, this is the place to go. You may drive right by it because it is at the end of a plaza but do not make that mistake. We ordered the Pistolette for appetizer and you must order it. Our waitress told us she guaranteed we would love it and she was dead on. Then we followed it up with the Shrimp and Cheese Grits and Jabalaya pasta. Both were loaded with meat and spices and were both great. You can taste the authentic flavors in all the dishes because they are the chefs original recipes. And then, OF COURSE, we had to finish it off with down home original Beignets! They are powered sugar covered pastries that melt in your mouth. We didn't play it safe and get the easy stuff but went for the bayou experience and were not disappointed.

Secondly, the restaurant has an outside eating area, two bars (One with lots of TV's) and a large seating area. There were plenty of servers and they all seemed happy to be there. Its a really fun place. I'm not sure what happened to the out-of-towner below that rated them 1, but they were fantastic on our visit. Ask for Nicole because she was honest, had great recommendations and stayed on top of us the entire meal.

It is just a great, non-chain, restaurant that deserves to be packed every night. Great food, great atmosphere and really nice people. If you made it this far in my review PLEASE GIVE ME A HELPFUL vote.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Authentic Cajun Cuisine”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stopped by for a late Lunch and what a NICE surprise
this restaurant is ! I selected Jambalaya and you could
obtain a side salad for $3 additional. WHAT a NICE
salad(and huge too) it was ! ! NO iceberg lettuce, deep
and darn greens...nothing skimpy and with Green
Goddess dressing(waiter recommended this...great
suggestion ) ! !
Nice selection of desserts...
This is one of those "hole in the wall" restaurants...
that PACKS a PUNCH(and delivers...)....

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank QualityTlvr
Orlando FL
“Like being in New Orleans”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our second trip and first time for my daughter, son in law. First trip I had the fried green tomatoes and my husband had the gumbo, which were both great. Four others with us also loved their food. This time between the four of us we had plenty to share. The spicy crab dip with homemade chips was maybe the best crab dip I have ever had. My husband and son in law loved the crawfish pistoles. I my daughter and I spilt the Jambalaya pasta, (recommended by our fantastic server) filled with chicken and sausage, so so delicious. My husband had the same with the shrimp and he loved it. Then we all shared in the Crawfish etouffe, best we have ever had. The jambalya, gumbo and red beans and rice were also superb. The shrimp in the kids meals was even very good. Of course then we had the bengiets, which I have not ever had in New Orleans and they were hot light and delicious. Our server, I am sorry I cannot remember his name was probably the best server we have ever had. Will go back for sure. Have to try the poor boy. Saw a few come out of the kitchen and they looked amazing. This is a good 45 minutes from our house but worth the drive. Weekends they have music at 8:00. We get there earlier and there is not a wait to be seated.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Julie B
Belle Isle
“Deee-Licious!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Belle Isle Bayou was absolutely delicious~ The service was spectacular and the food was fresh & authentic.
As a vegetarian, it is rare that I have too many choices at most restaurants. The okra had the perfect breading and the fried green tomato sandwich (bacon on the side:) was one of, if not the best sandwich I've had.
(The green Goddess sauce is really what did it for me :)

• Visited November 2013