“Great food and service”
Review of Primo

Primo
Reserve with OpenTable
Primo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #324 of 3,929 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: John Young Parkway
Description: Primo specializes in Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, an outstanding wine list and exceptional service. The restaurant features on-site organic gardens. Located at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes with a captivating view of a tropical paradise and Greg Norman designed golf course, you will enjoy the Primo experience.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

A quaint place where the wait staff was so attentive and the food was amazing. I especially loved the relaxing fireplace on- site which was great to see as we ate dinner and then relaxed next to it with our glass of wine after dinner. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I loved it - the service is fantastic, the food is really good, the chef sent out little appetizer samples and my wine glass was never empty! Bravo!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great food-the meatballs and the pork scallopine are delicious. Great service once seated but the front desk seems a bit awkward. We went twice in a week and both times we had to wait at the entrance for a few minutes while the staff looked at computer screens etc-get that fixed and it is worth 5 stars. We will return next time we visit Orlando.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Ritz Hotel next door - the restaurant is in the lobby of the JW Marriott. The food was excellent, though I couldn't really discern a theme. The Italian name of the restaurant and Italian menu divisions were misleading since most of the menu was not Italian cuisine. The food was quite expensive - $33 for a plate of home-made pasta with 6 veal meatballs, for example. One of the salads was called a stracciatella, which I thought weird since the word refers to either an egg drop soup or a type of cheese, and the salad included neither egg nor cheese (at least according to the menu).

The wine list is quite extensive, but you will be hard pressed to find many bottles cheaper than $80, with many far more expensive, and though there were good Italian wines on the menu, again it was odd for the restaurant to encourage the impression that it is Italian-inspired and then have a deeper selection of other countries' wines. Still the food was excellent, and since the boss was paying, I didn't worry too much about the prices.

The pork belly appetizer was GREAT. I followed the server's suggestion to get the spaghetti, but in hindsight I should have the ravioli stuffed with lamb shank and seasoned with sage - spaghetti is an odd pasta to be hand-rolled, and was a little on the thick and heavy side. My house version of a Manhattan cocktail was excellent.

However, the service left something to be desired. The continual crowing about signature dishes got annoying - this is our signature bread, served with our signature olive oil. You'll love the signature cocktail (a mojito - so Italian!), and don't miss our signature main dish, the pork saltimboca. I dwell on this because it just started stinking of pretense after a while. The servers were a bit intrusive, checking in too often. and cleared most of the table while one person was only halfway through her meal - my boss yet! She is a sophisticated diner so I'm sure this had an impact on the tip. Also, when we ordered a second bottle of wine, it was poured into unfinished glasses, without having been tasted - wine goes bad bottle by bottle, so just because we ordered another bottle of "the same" doesn't mean the second bottle didn't need to be tasted. Either the server was lazy or he didn't understand why we taste a bottle before pouring it. All in all, the second rate service and pretentious menu overshadowed the excellent food and lovely setting. If I had been paying, I might have called out the servers on some of their lapses.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Being an Italian (and Italian food snob) I usually frown upon Italian restaurants. They never are up to par. This was quite a surprise, however.

We had the pasta with rabbit and a salad with poached egg and pancetta. Bread was freshly-baked and tasty, olive oil good quality. Dessert was quite decent too.

The wine selection is very limited, however, for a restaurant aspiring to be of a certain caliber. A bit pricey, but for a hotel restaurant, to be expected.