“It was pretty good”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just happened to come across this place - the parking lot was fairly full so thought I would check it out. The waitress was bubbly and helpful - but she had a hard time with getting my order right. Asked for water and got iced tea, asked for corn bread and got garlic bread. I had the all you could eat pulled pork. The meat was very tasty but would have been better if it had been hot - they have several varieties of homemade bbq sauces. I tried them all and they were very good (they do sell them). The beans were really good. The second helping of pork was hot and very tasty but had to wait to get it - all my side dishes were gone (had to do something between helpings) by the time I got the second portion.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food is great and they give generous portions! There Bar-B-Q and it is one of the best Iv'e ever and you can buy it there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My exchange students really like Sonny's for the BBQ and atmosphere. They do not have such eating places in their country. Like the sides also.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love this place. Although it depends what you order, you really can get a good value. I get the "Big Deal Turkey" or the salad bar and add the smoke turkey. Their salad bar is pretty simple, though they do have ham and sunflower seeds which are staples for my salads. Their sauces are awesome, just wish their ribs were more of the fall off the bone type, but you can't please everyone and this place still rocks.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you're into BBQ food, GO TO SONNYS!!! This is a BBQ chain homestyle that is only in the south of USA, Georgia and Florida. I've been to lots of BBQ joints but keep coming back to Sonnys both Georgia and Florida and EVERY ONE of these restaurants serve the same food to the same standard - excellent. The usual BBQ fare, all meats are pulled and sliced - Pork, Beef Brisket, Chicken, Turkey and of course, Ribs, Baby Back and St. Louis style. Lunch menu is excellent value served from 11.30 - 4.00 pm prices range from $7.f49 - $9.99 includes meat, 2 sides, garlic or corn bread. A good example of excellent value would be the All-U-Can-Eat Ribs as this allows you to also have any of the other meats on the menu when you've had enough ribs. Great place to bring a group. Also good combo meals on offer.

1  Thank Tet1