“Fun concept & great for a one off meal.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,744 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
“Fun concept & great for a one off meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited due to a recommendation from a friend & it did not disappoint. Food choice was great, even for fussier eaters. Some improvements however could be made. The drinks service, had to ask a couple of times for more. Food timings not accurate for our chicken, was advised 2 minutes but took 4 to cook through & there were no timers. Sand timers could be a fun addition to the table especially for younger guests. Finally I was disappointed to be told the baby changing facilities were only found in the ladies. If this is truly the case then it would be an easy fix to put 1 in the gents too, even if it was in the disabled toilet. Even with these minor issues we still had very good servers & a great time. Might be back next holiday.

• Visited April 2014
Mark C, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello there,
Thank you for visiting the Melting Pot in Orlando and Thank you for your review! My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the location on Sand Lake Rd. Reviews like yours are very much appreciated because they help us improve as a restaurant so we can serve future guests better!

I do apologize for our shortcomings on your visit. There is no good excuse for why your drinks were not refilled quickly. Also, if it was taking 4 minutes to prepare your chicken, perhaps the burners were not turned on a high enough setting...another mistake on our part.

As for the missing baby changing station in the men's room, we remodeled our bathrooms and broke the one in the Men's room when we were taking it down. Another has been ordered and will arrive very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

My managers and I really do appreciate the kind words you wrote and would love to meet you on your next trip to Orlando! Small businesses like us really do appreciate all the reviews like yours and encourage you to keep sharing your experiences!

Sebring, Florida
“Used to be one of my favorites :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was at this location Saturday evening to celebrate my 31st birthday. I have been a huge fan of the Melting Pot for years and was extremely excited because 2 out of our party of 4 had never been and I was eager to share what I expected to be a wonderful meal. I had been talking it up for weeks. We drove the hour and and half from Sebring and got hotel rooms just to eat here. I was very disappointed and embarrassed when all I ended up sharing was an overpriced meal that left much to be desired. The evening started out just fine. Our server Shay seemed pleasant when taking drink orders but didn't seem quite comfortable with her job. We decided to start with shots of Patron and go ahead with the wine flight for 3 of us. After waiting for close to 15 minutes with no sign of our server or any other for that matter, she finally arrived with our drinks and took our order. The cheese course was ok but the salads were horrible. Not only were they small and flat as if they had been stacked for hours in a fridge, but the greens were very dry and wilted as well, which made me nervous about the freshness and safety of the food. I understand that the wait staff is probably busier than in most restaurants considering the table side prep of some courses, but someone should still make the salads to order, especially considering the cost. Our entree was again just ok, aside from the sacchetti which were wonderful. Unfortunately, you only get 2. We had never tried the bourguignonne, so since our table had 2 cook tops we decided to try it along with our favorite coq au vin. DO NOT ORDER THIS. If the oil is not hot enough (which our wasn't), the food turns out soggy and greasy especially if you use the batter. By far however, the most memorable flub was when one of our party accidentally spilled a full glass of red wine all over the table and herself. After finding a staff member and asking for additional napkins, he returned just to throw them on the table and say "here" before walking away. Bad enough but for the fact that the glass broke and no one seemed concerned about the possibility of shards on the table.

For the sake of being fair and honest, one member of our party was difficult and impatient, and I'm sure contributed to the stress of our server. Also the manager, Mark, stopped by our table to deliver a Birthday card, which was very nice, although he also seemed slightly uncomfortable or uninterested in his job.

I am sad to say that after years of birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations, I don't think I'll be returning. Both of my guests who had never been shared this sentiment. I have been to quite a few restaurants in the Orlando area that are in the same price range as The Melting Pot and would recommend any of them above this. Better alternatives in my book would include California Grill at the top of Disney's Contemporary Resort (breathtaking views and exceptional food), Cask and Larder in Winter Park (less formal but still great atmosphere with upscale comfort food), and even chains like Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao (amazing food and all you can eat of it in an exciting and entertaining environment). For over $300 for 4 of us (not including tip), I should've stayed home and had a BBQ in my back yard.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 13alhs
Mark C, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello!
My name is Mark Conway, my wife Veronica and I are the owners of the Melting Pot. Thank you for sharing your experience, although it was not your best visit to our restaurant. I wanted to reach out to you to first apologize for our shortcomings that evening, but also address some of your issues. I was actually the manager on duty that evening and I do remember you dining in Shay's section. I sincerely do apologize that we dropped the ball a few times in regards to service and food. I can assure you that we actually listen to all guest feedback so that we never stop getting better.

I would like to address the food shortcomings first. You were sitting at a table where we have burners installed that have as recently as last week, started to be a bit tempramental and inconsistent. We have already ordered new induction cooktops to replace them. It's unfortunate that you suffered the consequence of our unreliable equipment that affected the temperature of your oil cooking style. Regarding the salads, we do make every salad to order to ensure a bright, fresh and flavorful salad. I have already shared this review with our kitchen staff and spoke about creating volume on the salad plate and repeated quality checks to ensure that every salad looks and tastes great.

I want to also address your service concerns. First, 15 minutes is far too long to wait for shots of Patron. Second, it's incredibly disappointing to hear how we handled the spill at your table. I have always felt that our staff are great about rushing to clean any spill and ensure the area is clean and safe before we expect our guests to resume their meal. To toss you a towel and walk away is completely unacceptable. Shay is a newer member of our team, however she has settled in well and received many compliments already from her guests. If she appeared uncomfortable, it may have been that she was being a bit methodical in her steps of service because she is new. To speak for myself now, I am certainly not uninterested in my job nor was I uncomfortable at your table. It is my pleasure to visit every guest that dines with us. In ten years with the Melting Pot, I've learned that it's best to keep my visits brief so that our guest can enjoy each other's company. I'm very sorry if I came across as uninterested or uncomfortable.

To conclude, I want to thank you again for sharing your experience. We have located your contact information in our reservation system. Tom, our general manager will be contacting you to speak with you regarding your disappointing evening.

canada
“Back for a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went to the Melting Pot two years ago when we came to Orlando and celebrated my birthday and we came back the same time of the year and I wanted to celebrate my birthday dinner again at Melting Pot (we don’t have this restaurant in Canada) the meal was fantastic just like it was two years ago.

Started with a yummy Yin and yang Martini – let’s say it could be a dessert, oh so good. We all started with the Caesar salad with those famous Parmesan crusted pine nuts which gives the salad that sweet taste.

My husband had THE CLASSIC which included sirloin, BBQ pork medallion, white shrimp, chicken and teriyaki-marinated sirloin. My teenagers and I had the LAND AND SEA which includes filet mignon, herb-crusted chicken and white shrimp. Of course we had the YIN & YANG chocolate fondue for dessert which is white and dark chocolate, served with strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, pound cake, brownies to dip in the chocolate.

I wouldn't recommend the restaurant for a family with young kids but a family with tweens and older kids. Great for couples also.

Thanks for another fantastic birthday dinner.

• Visited March 2014
Hello,
My name is Mark Conway, my wife Veronica (who's also Canadian) and I are the owners of The Melting Pot in Orlando. We owe you a BIG thank you for writing such a detailed and flattering review about your experience. You even posted some great pictures of some of our classic offerings.

There is one Melting Pot in Edmonton and I believe their are plans to expand into Ontario and Quebec in a few years. Until then, we hope to host you for another birthday dinner in the future!

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great food experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Fun experience and great food! Our waitress, Brittany was the best! Great place to go with friends or on a date! The four course meal is the best deal with a cheese fondue, salad, entree course, and chocolate fondue for dessert. Each fondue course comes with dippers that are the best as well! Can't say enough good things!

• Visited March 2014
Hello Kristen,

My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of The Melting Pot in Orlando. On behalf of Brittany your server and the rest of the staff, THANK YOU! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. They need to open a Melting Pot in West Hartford, it's one of the best markets that doesn't have a Melting Pot yet.

We hope to see you again the next time you're in Orlando, FL.

elfers
“Wonderful and such a personal experience with a loved one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Love this place everywhere they pretty much seat you and your loved one or whom ever it could be are always very personal and you feel as if your like the only ones there. The service is exceptional everyone is friendly and very professional. Such a great place for a special occasion, me and my fiance go about once a month and the Orlando location is our preferred location but they are all great, worth the money tons of top quality food and great atmosphere. And they are always there to make certain occasions extra special with things like when we went on Valentine's day recently 2014 for example roses in a vase heart, shaped balloons, teddy bear, rose petals, and a wonderful picture in a frame of our beautiful experience. Always a great time. Great for bonding with your significant other seeing as the whole dinner total if you get the full course entree takes anywhere from 2-3 hours always an enjoyable time. HIGHLY recommended and great drinks too, I recommend the ying yang martini yummy. And valentines day there is great and extra great for anniversary or birthday dinners. Only downfall I just wouldn't recommend it for kids more of an adult like atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
Hello,
My name is Mark Conway, my wife Veronica and I are the owners of The Melting Pot in Orlando. Thank you so much for the kind review about your experiences! Please introduce yourself when you come next time with your fiancé, we'd like to personally thank you for being such a loyal guest.