“Such a treat”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We save going to the melting pot for special occasions because its such a wonderful experience.
Their new menu is excellent and the service is always impeccable. This visit three adults ate 4 course meals and were pleasantly stuffed - and under $100. Definitely worth the cost for a leisurely meal with excellent food and service.

1  Thank Lynne H
Mark C, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hi Lynne,
My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the Melting Pot here in Orlando. I know it's been a while since you wrote your review, but I just wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the world!

I looks like you were visiting from SC, you have 3 Melting Pots in your state that would love to take care of you like we did.

Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for The Melting Pot

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The 4 course meal is a little pricy but gives you plenty of time to enjoy the meal and spent time with friends. The dessert was the best and the Wisconson cheese was great.

3  Thank Dennis5969
orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hello Dennis!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Melting Pot in Orlando. My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner at this location.

Great advice for our travelers considering fondue, enjoying just the cheese and chocolate is a popular option and can be the most economical way to get your fondue fix!

I hope that you enjoyed your time in Orlando, FL. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit and first of all I thank Chris for being very accommodating with my red bull request! The concept is interesting though I wish they had a timer at the table to make sure we were cooking the food long enough because I was a little freaked out about not knowing if it was long enough or if I was cooking it too long. I did enjoy a couple of the accompanying sauces. I will try it again some day. Over all an interesting time.

2  Thank Dannie414

Hello Dannie,

My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando. Thank you for your review.

Timers on the table are a common request, believe it or not we used to use them a long time ago. The Melting Pot (Corporate powers) noticed our guests stopped talking to each other to stare at the timer, so they stopped using them. It really comes down to the server, myself and my managing team to check on your table to make sure that you're comfortable with the general cooking times we recommend. From my perspective, we didn't do a good enough job recognizing your concerns.

Thank you for considering another visit with us, I hope that you will contact me personally so I can make sure you get the most attentive service. Please call 407-903-1100 and ask for Mark Conway. Thank you!

Mark

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sounds like a lot of fun, but not really!!!!!! You could end up eating under cooked seafood or meat etc. On the other side over cooked foods of either varierty.Left to our own devices we struggled through, not enjoying the "experience" at all.

2  Thank Anna M
orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello Anna,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com. My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando. There are a few points of your review that our staff has reviewed and learned from, so thank you for that.

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your meal. If our guests are not having fun, then we didn't do our job correctly.

A point that I want to address was that you were left to your own devices to prepare your entree. Our servers are trained to go over the cooking times with our guests and make it as simple as possible for them to understand. However, it seems as though we didn't do a good job of explaining the procedures when you dined with us. I have reiterated to the staff of the importance of making sure our guests are comfortable with the cook times and can enjoy their meal stress free.

I concede that fondue is not for everyone. I hope that maybe you would consider revisiting us for the cheese fondue, salad and/or chocolate fondue in the future. If there are more details that you would like to share with us so we can make YOUR visit more enjoyable, please reach out to me. Again, my name is Mark Conway. My email is orlandomeltingpot@gmail.com or call me at 407-903-1100.

Thank you again!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

First off I usually love melting pot. The inside is nice and lighting is good for an intimate dinner.
Parking was awful. It took 30 mins to find a spot. It was our anniversary trip and we had reservations.
The waitress was attentive but rushed us at the end and they didn't close for another hour and were not busy.
What ruined our evening was the manager knew the table beside us and stood in the aisle while they talked loudly for almost 30 minutes.
My husband and I couldn't talk for their conversation being so overpowering.
It was very irritating. We didn't go to a quiet intimate place to listen to other guest recount loudly their travel preferences.

Anyway if you've never been give it a try...usually melting pot is a great dinner.

2  Thank Albrecht315

Hello Loyal Melting Pot guest,

My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future guests. At the end of your review, you still recommended our restaurant even though we dropped the ball in a few areas. That was very considerate of you and we really appreciate it.

I would like to apologize about a few things that went wrong on your Anniversary. Let's start with the parking. I have recently heard from a few guests that parking spots were none existent in our lot around 6:00-7:30 in our lot. What I can't do is add more spaces to the lot, what I did do was speak with the valet companies in front of some of the other restaurants to reduce the amount of spots that they have reserved for their guests. They have agreed to forfeit some spaces and I feel that it's helped.

Second, I want to address the server rushing you through the end of your meal. There is no excuse for this and it's frustrating to hear that it happened. Since I read online reviews to my staff every weekend, we are able to have conversations about what our guest’s perspective is of our service. As a staff, we owned this mistake and we will hopefully be better about pacing the guest experience for you and other future guests.

Lastly, I want speak about our manager on the dining room floor that night. I don't know which one of the three managers it was (it could have even been me), but I could see how annoying it would be to have someone standing right next to your table for a half hour, speaking on a personal level with other guests. We had a manager meeting about it and it will never happen again.

Is there any chance that you would be willing to give us another shot? A compensated do-over? Please contact me at 407-903-1100.

Fonduely,