“Great food and service, a great experience for the price.”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our waiter, Colin was wonderful...very knowledgable about the dining experience, area and local attractions. He did a great job, the food was wonderful and we left having eaten too much but happy. A great location for a special occasion as it is fairly expensive. We will do it again!

orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hello there,

Thank you so much for the nice review on our Melting Pot! I shared your review about Colin with the staff during a pre-shift meeting. I makes everyone on our staff very proud that our efforts are recognized publicly!

My name is Mark Conway, I'm the operating partner of this Melting Pot. It would be our pleasure to serve you again!

Fonduely yours,

There are newer reviews for The Melting Pot

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My GF and I just spent 2 weeks in Orlando, eating, drinking and experiencing everything theme parky. We were recommended The Melting Pot by our hotel. I used to have family fondue as a small child so was particularly excited by this - we don't have many fondue restaurants in the UK.

The service was attentive, friendly and a hell of a lot more upmarket than what we found on the usual i-drive locations (Yes, we could have strayed off the main drag but we didn't get that far). The booths are lovely and intimate and the price seemed OK for a holiday meal (but was a little higher than other places we have eaten - but this was made up by the awesome experience). There was plenty of choice but not too much, the quality was good and we left extremely happy. By far our favourite eatery of the trip!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Yesterday I celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my love here. It was our very 1st time going to The Melting Pot. I was surprised with the level of attention we received. Our server was CJ and he was terrific! The manager Mark was also great. He even brought a hand signed card for our special day! We truly felt important with the level of service we received from every staff member. I will definitely be back! Thanks for making our special day memorable.

orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Hello!

Thanks for the great review, most importantly thank you for spending your first anniversary with us! I pointed out the review to CJ, he felt great about your kind words too, he hopes that you request him on your next visit.

Fonduely yours,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I live in Central Florida. I get the fact that you are paying for the "fondue experience", and my wife really like fondue. However, there are so many other awesome restaurants in Orlando that I wouldn't even consider going here again. It is intimate (the little booths) but very crowded at the same time. It was hard to move around in there and I felt claustrophobic. This place is right in the middle of a strip mall between Subway and a daycare - not very intimate there. Then, of course the food. If you like paying too much money for too little food, and having to cook it yourself then by all means, go for it. Server was very good, she deserves credit for her work.

In my opinion, there are just too many options in Orlando to choose this one.

2  Thank Ogarthegreat

Hello,

My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando. Thanks for writing a review about your experience. I concede that fondue isn't for everyone, but I appreciate you giving us a shot! Thank you for the kind words about your server too.

Fonduely,

Mark

Reviewed January 27, 2013

New menu and average service.
A long dinner and a pricy one. Kind of dark in some areas..
We had the four dishes dinner and had to share the same boiling pot.. Kind of hard to control the taste.

1  Thank Gosisd
Mark C, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hi there,
Thank you for the review of the Melting Pot. You are correct, it does take around 2 hours to enjoy a four course meal at our restaurant. Our per person average is $37.50, which comes to just under $10 per course. If you ever want to do just cheese or just chocolate, that would cut down on the time and value concerns.

Proprietor of The Melting Pot in Orlando