“A Lovely Night”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,792 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, Florida
“A Lovely Night”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We did the 4 course meal which included a salad, cheese fondue, meats fondue and then a chocolate fondue. This is the best value, Right off the bat we had a great server that was talkative, playful and went along with our jokes. I ordered a Mojito, it was excelent, ordered a second one later on. The salads were not much to talk about, I thought mine was a little over dressed but that was a minor component, the cheese fonue was very good; a nice blend of spices, cheese and beer, then the meats presented for the 3rd course were fresh and of high quality, the broth was of wine and did transfer (more so to the vegetables) some flavor but it was the seasoning that gave it the most flavor. Now the dessert was the best part! The dark chocolate with rasberry liquor was fenominal! especially when paired with the marshmellows.

At the end of the night it was a gret experience, and will be happy to revisit when another occasion appears.

• Visited December 2012
orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello Victor,

Thank you for sharing your experience with (hopefully) future guests!! Sorry about the salad being over-dressed. I've discussed this issue with our kitchen staff to ensure that we are measuring the dressing for each salad. We thrive on feedback like this, if anything is ever amiss in the future, let us know and we'll fix it on the spot. Thanks again!

Ask for Mark or Veronica on your next visit! We would like to personally thank you.

Fonduely,
Mark Conway, Proprietor of the Melting Pot in Orlando

Florida
“Frequent Patrons...another great night!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are frequent patrons of this location for special occassions, and it's always my birthday choice. This is one of my favorite Melting Pot locations, and one of the best. We were at the location this past Saturday, and everything was on-par, as usual. The service was great, food yummy. We did have an issue with one our cheeses being really watery, but one quick mention of it to our waitress and it was taken care of. We have always received great service here...you will definitely not be disappointed. It's not your every day dining experience due to the price; however, a must-do for a special occasion.

• Visited January 2013
Hello Mel H!

Thanks for the great review, I always love sharing the reviews with the staff at shift meetings. Thank you for being a loyal guest to all of the Melting Pot's on your travels. Ask for Mark or Veronica the next time you're in! We'd love to meet you.

Mark Conway
Proprietor of the Melting Pot in Orlando, FL
North Pole, Alaska
“Nice clean place to take someone you care about”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Returned after being out of state for 8 years, it was as we remembered. Service was very attentive but a little slow i guess he was giving extra attention to everyone! Due to price we have not seen children here the two times we have visited, so it is quiet, high booths and partitions make it quiet and romantic. Cooking thefood yourself you had better not complain much! We agree with most of the positive posts on here, only complaint is it is a bit expensive, $105 before tip for two of us with no alcohol, other than that, while not 5-star anplace we look forward to visiting when in Orlando!

1 Thank Laterisers
orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hello Late Risers!

Thank you for your review on the Melting Pot You painted a nice picture for our potential guests reading your review!

You'll be glad to know that we are reformating our menu to make it a bit more economical for our guests. After January 19th, we're giving our menu a complete overhaul.

We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando. Please ask for Mark (owner) when you make your reservation, I would like to make sure you're well taken care on your next visit!
Youngstown, Ohio
“AWFUL!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

if your idea is paying 40$ per person to get a little raw meat and some shrimp to cook yourself in some broth (like being transported back to the turn of the century..!!) that smells awful in a dark and dirty little restaurant HAVE AT IT!!... It was the worst overpriced, scam of a place Ive ever been to!! Ive owned operated and been to restaurant all over the world and this one tops my list of worst!!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank bill k
Hello Mr. Bill K,

My name is Mark Conway; I'm the owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando, FL. Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I want to apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one. I will concede that fondue is not for everyone, especially the entree course. It is clear that you didn't enjoy preparing the entree at the table. I wish I would have known that while you were here and I would have been happy to fetch you a prepared dinner from one of our fine neighboring restaurants.

What concerns me the most is the smell and cleanliness were not up to par. We pride ourselves in maintaining a very clean restaurant. I would love to speak with you about what you saw that was dirty so I can make sure future guest experiences can be enjoyed in a spotless atmosphere.

Please contact me at 407-903-1100 or orlandomeltingpot@gmail.com

Mark Conway
Nine Mile Falls, Washington
“Excellent Place for a Special Occasion”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We went there with our daughter's family for our Grandson's birthday. We were truly pleased with everything. A bit pricey, so reserve for special occasions.

1 Thank Ron W