“Favorite restaurant”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Toojay's is always great! Their menu offers a wide variety of food and everything is always delicious. Price is good too and desrets are so yummy!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We visit Florida every year and since the Disney dining plan has turned the Walt Disney World resort into an all-inclusive nightmare we have been since outsourcing all our meals.

To say this place is a haven from the overbearing tourist saturated restaurants in the "world" would be a lie!

Each time we have visited, the service has been friendly, attentive and quite frankly I've felt as if I've been in the server's home for dinner, having a long lunch.

The food is something you can't get here in the UK - perfect deli food. I've chosen extensively from the menu, a highlight being the pot roast.

My sister is a fussy eater and her wishes are always accommodated with a smile and a "no problem"

Couple this with the fact that 4 of us can dine for a little over $50 makes this a go-to place again and again.

Save the overpriced tosh in Lake Buena Vista to the unknowing tourists - this is the place for a relaxing lunch or a hearty dinner.

Thanks, TooJay's - see you next year!

1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Have been here a few times and the food is excellent, but the service is VERY SLOW. I would not recommend this if you are on a work lunch or have a limited amount of time. Takeout or don't have to be anywhere fine. Never had a bad meal. Every time we have gone for lunch they take an extremely long time. This last visit we were through with our meal for 20 minutes before someone came back to our table at all. We asked for the check as we needed to get back to work (they take their time to greet your table, get your food out, it's bad), they should take this into account as there are a lot of businesses around the area and most don't have all day to sit around. We got our check and it took the waitress another 15 minutes to get back out to us, then had to fix our check as she had an issue with it which took another 20. She came back said the manager had been working on it and KNEW it was an issue. You would think common sense as a manager this would have you come out and check on the table. Negative. We finally got it fixed and paid and were trying to rush out. We asked for a manager before we left. They took their time on coming out and our work was calling at this point. The manager said why don't you tell me the story of what happened- don't have time for that. We explained and he just said it shouldn't take that long. We left disappointed and late to work. We even tried to contact the corporate office to give them a chance at some sort of rectification before leaving a review. NO RESONSE, no surprise. I'm not saying the food is bad, it's great. We love that about this place. As I said before, service is just not good. If you don't have anywhere to be or aren't limited on time, this is a good place. Otherwise if you want this, my recommendation is get takeout or go somewhere else.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was a very good recommendation by the nearby Hampton Inn on International Dr. It's part of a local chain, open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It has a gigantic lunch menu and large dinner menu, which are interchangeable - you order what you want when you want (except breakfast). They feature traditional deli favorites and comfort foods. They also have a very busy takeout counter.
The matzoh ball soup and Caesar salad were very good. The hot pastrami sandwich was outstanding. The cole slaw had way too much mayo. Service was very good.
Strongly recommended - please bring this chain to Metro Atlanta!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I love TooJay's; it reminds me of eating with my Jewish family!!! It's not Kosher but it is what I think of as Kosher-Style!! My husband and I ate at this particular location two days ago and it was delicious!! The corned beef is sooo good! I had half a rueben (on their home-made rye bread) and a cup of matzo ball soup!! I can't get enough of their rye bread or their matzo ball soup!! Their shrimp salad is good, too! They have two huge menus you can order from, both a lunch and a dinner that you can order from during the same hours. They have breakfast until 2pm on the weekends. The bananas foster waffle is really yummy for your breakfast sweet tooth! They also have a deli/bakery in the front so that you can take home their dessert, salads, and meats! There are many locations throughout Florida, including this one that is a few miles up the road from Disney! We have eaten at TooJay's many time at many different locations and will continue to! They atmosphere is casual and comfortable.

1  Thank Kimberly P