“Great Deli!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Whenever we're in Florida we go to TooJays. We usually go to the one in the Villages, but today we went to the one in Orlando. This restaurant always satisfies my urge for good Jewish deli food. The pastrami, corned beef and pastrami sandwiches are delicious, although we have noticed that there is less meat in them than there used to be. Today, we had breakfast, the pancakes and bagel with nova lox were terrific! I couldn't believe how much lox was on the bagel! Service was terrific, with lots of unsolicited coffee refills. Try it, you'll love it!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have eaten at TooJays on Dr. Phillips a few times now when in Orlando and love it every time. It is always busy and for good reason. The food is consistently good.

With a party of six they accommodated us by putting us at a booth and a two-top table so we sat quickly. The family had a combination of sandwiches and salads with Matzo Ball soup for starters.

Everyone said their dinners were great. My Chopped Chicken Liver sandwich was so good it made me weep! :) not really but okay still great!

We didn't have dessert but have in the past. Always fresh and good.

Loved it!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have made two stops here while on our winter break. We were looking for burgers but someone in CVS sent us here--thank you someone! There is a line waiting to have lunch as late as 2 pm, but it does fast. Our first trip we had deli sandwiches- corned beef and the other was a Rueben. Our second visit wasn't that great for me but I tried things that I normally don't get a chance to order. I have memories of my Mom's potato pancakes & stuffed cabbage-their's didn't compare. Potato pancakes are shredded not grated and greasy. The stuffed cabbage sauce was too sweet. Hubby had a generous serving of corned beef and cabbage. Their rye bread is to die for. I bought a loaf to bring home. For dessert we shared a yummy blintz. All in all, this is my new go to place in Orlando.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Recommended by friend and quite right too. Excellent breakfast offering and, as usual, massive portions. Coming from UK to dine in USA is an absolute delight, but very calorie consuming!!!! Well done

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was the first restaurant that we dined at after arriving in Orlando and it was a very nice introduction. This restaurant is part of a mostly-Florida chain and we have none in California. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I would call the cuisine down-home American. Our group of four started with a great combination plate of potato skins, chicken tenders, and beer-battered onion rings. That was followed by loaded latkes (pancake bites, melted cheddar, bacon, tomato, etc). Included in our entrees were beef brisket platters. All of the portions were huge and the food was very tasty. The ambiance was (casual and friendly) and service was very good. A very pleasant experience and I wish there was a Toojay's location less tha 3000 miles away from us.