“excellent lunch anytime”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2013

my girlfriends and I meet often at this deli restaurant and are able to talk and catch-up with our lives...nice talking atmosphere.not loud.good food you can't find anywhere else

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Love this place for breakfast or lunch (I'm sure dinner is great, but haven't visited for that meal). Large and varied deli-and-then-some menu. Friendly, efficient staff. Good value for the money (reasonable prices). The soups taste like homemade. Breakfast dishes are excellent -- especially the French toast. Nice family atmosphere.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love diners & delis and I'm partial to those in the New York metropolitan area. So, I was surprised to find a fantastic deli/diner on a recent trip through Florida named TOOJAY's. The first Toojay's I encountered was in Planatation, Florida after driving around looking for a good place to eat. I couldn't believe the food: fresh bread, rare roast beef, large and scrumptious desserts. The menu is large and contains plenty of choices to please every palette. I observed what others in the restaurant ordered before I made my selection, and that was difficult because everything I saw looked so appealing. Toojay's is a chain located throughout Florida and I was happy for that since I looked for them wherever I went. In Orlando, my wife and I frequented the Toojay's in the Colonial Market Plaza and was pleased to find the same excellent service and high quality food. This is one chain that I wish would expand elsewhere. You cannot beat it!

1  Thank Warren F
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Never heard of this restaurant but heard about it through some local friends who eat there frequently.

We understand that like most businesses, the portions sizes have shrunk somewhat over the years but presume the present sizes are still good enough for the restaurant to be very busy with queues of people waiting for an empty table! Says a lot about a place I think if people are willing to stand and wait in line for 10 or 15 min to eat somewhere.

My sandwich was quite nice, served with cole slaw (which I had said I didn't want). My salt beef sandwich was basically two small pieces of rye bread and a good amount of meat folded inbetween.

To be honest it is very easy to over eat in Orlando, especially when most people drive everywhere, so I opted to eat only half and take the rest home with me. The next day I was able to use the meat from the half sandwich to make two more 'normal' sized sandwiches. So in that respect it was good value.

I don't understand why people in Orlando order drinks and no matter the fact that they are usually dispensed from a chilled unit, they have vast quantities of ice as well. I did ask one server who agreed the drinks were chilled but didn't seen to care because there were free refils anyway!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Their food is outstanding but we went with a large group - we called ahead 36 hours to warn them and they said no problem. We got there and the servers were simply terrible; they ran out of potato latkes (really? this is an authentic deli); our group waited over an hour just to ORDER and then the server dropped stuff, got orders wrong and was just generally incompetent. I was embarrassed to have brought my friends here and will never do that again. The food we did get was excellent, but the service and lack of selection ruined the whole meal. If you can't handle a group, then say so. Shame on you.

1  Thank Borshay