“New York meets Orlando?”
Review of TooJay's

TooJay's
Ranked #1,022 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Never heard of this restaurant but heard about it through some local friends who eat there frequently.

We understand that like most businesses, the portions sizes have shrunk somewhat over the years but presume the present sizes are still good enough for the restaurant to be very busy with queues of people waiting for an empty table! Says a lot about a place I think if people are willing to stand and wait in line for 10 or 15 min to eat somewhere.

My sandwich was quite nice, served with cole slaw (which I had said I didn't want). My salt beef sandwich was basically two small pieces of rye bread and a good amount of meat folded inbetween.

To be honest it is very easy to over eat in Orlando, especially when most people drive everywhere, so I opted to eat only half and take the rest home with me. The next day I was able to use the meat from the half sandwich to make two more 'normal' sized sandwiches. So in that respect it was good value.

I don't understand why people in Orlando order drinks and no matter the fact that they are usually dispensed from a chilled unit, they have vast quantities of ice as well. I did ask one server who agreed the drinks were chilled but didn't seen to care because there were free refils anyway!

There are newer reviews for TooJay's

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Their food is outstanding but we went with a large group - we called ahead 36 hours to warn them and they said no problem. We got there and the servers were simply terrible; they ran out of potato latkes (really? this is an authentic deli); our group waited over an hour just to ORDER and then the server dropped stuff, got orders wrong and was just generally incompetent. I was embarrassed to have brought my friends here and will never do that again. The food we did get was excellent, but the service and lack of selection ruined the whole meal. If you can't handle a group, then say so. Shame on you.

1  Thank Borshay
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love this place for a good breakfast. They also have a tempting bakery case and a full menu of to go items. The brownies are amazing!!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had guests visiting, they were in the mood for sandwiches & wings. Excellent choice! We started with appetizers. Waiter suggested potato latkes, which were very good. We also had Buffalo wings, although the menu states hot, no other choice of mild or medium. They were far from hot. We also had the onion rings. All the sauces & dressings were really good as well! A few in our party had the turkey/BLT, which they really enjoyed. I had the corned beef pastrami which was very good along with the onion soup, very pleased with my items. 1 of our guests had the Cobb salad, she was expecting guacamole with the salad which they did not have. We purchased bakery items as well. What we have tasted so far we were very pleased with, had to get a loaf of rye too. We will be back. Only issue is it was a little difficult locating with the GPS & addresses in the strip mall.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The food here is great! I usually get soup and a Turkey sandwich. I don't know what is best about this place, the coleslaw or the yummy black and white cookies. If it is your first time coming here, make sure to get the black and white cookies and visit the deli!!