“Went the Extra Mile for a Large Group”
Review of TooJay's

TooJay's
Ranked #1,110 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After dining at several Too Jay's around the state, we decided to host a wedding rehersal dinner for 20 people at the Too Jay's close to the wedding venue. They don't take reservations but they knew the date and time we planned to arrive and gave us the entire far end of the restuarant and two dedicated servers (we agreed to come in at an off hour). We told our guests to order whatever they wished from either menu (All Day or Dinner) and the food selections were varied. Salads, shrimp, turkey, burgers, corned beef, desserts and appetizers. The final bill was extremely reasonable. The atmosphere allowed us to chat and laugh and not really bother anyone. The staff was extremely accomodating and the variety of available dinners made everyone happy. I would recommended this restaurant to anyone that wants good, authentic food at a reasonable price. I did not see any children while we were there but I'm sure that a family would find this a good place to visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

had fun with an old friend. Great deli food and to die for desserts! Service was friendly and I enjoyed my dinner tremendously

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had eaten once before at another TooJay's and had enjoyed the experience so when we found ourselves near this one at lunch time we went in. It is located in a shopping mall and is comprised of a deli/carry out service in front and sit down dining behind. It was busy and we waited maybe 10 minutes in the deli area awaiting a seat. After we were seated a menu was brought right away. Our orders were brought almost as quickly as the menu had been. We both had ordered Corned Beef on Rye. It was served with a dill pickle and a dish of coleslaw. The only condiments were the salt, pepper and a jar of mustard on the table. That was all we really needed. The corned beef was thinly sliced and then formed into a big roll of meat that was plopped on the bread. We spread it out and it was still a nice thick sandwich. The food was tasty and ample, however, there was basically no ambiance in the restaurant with it's Formica tables with the attendant noise level and absolutely no presentation of the food and not much else. To relax and enjoy a leisure lunch I would look elsewhere. To have a quick in and out on a lunch hour this would be a suitable location.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Dined here with our college age son late on a Sunday morning. Line was put the door but moved very quickly and we were seated in 10-15 minutes. They passed out menus to all the line riders so as to streamline the order taking/ meal prep which I appreciated since we were quite hungry.

Don't remember our servers name but he was very attentive and friendly. Food delivered quickly and prepared perfectly. Everyone enjoyed their meal, I got a Mediterranean wrap, my son a Mediterranean chicken sandwich and my husband a corned beef omelette. We would absolutely eat here again.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I really don't like writing negative reviews, especially when the food was good.
The lack of management put a damper on our evening out.

We had a party of 7 and were told we would be seated in an area up front as soon as the couple, situated at a table between the tables they wanted to put together, were done. So we waited as I believe larger groups should expect to do. After 20 minutes it was clear the couple had in fact just started eating, but everyone wanted to eat here so we continued to wait.

Finally we were led to an area in the back of the restaurant. It wasn't busy and there was only one other couple (who had come in after us) sitting by the windows. There was really no reason why we weren't seated here in the first place.

I believe our waiter was new and he really shouldn't have been given a larger table on his own.More than one order was wrong, one omitted completely, and instead of two glasses of wine we were charged for two bottles of wine. The order omitted was provided free of charge as a take out. While this was appreciated, the fact that we weren't getting to have our meal as ordered wasn't fun.

Never did management or any of the other staff attempt to help the waiter nor did anyone ask "how was your meal?" Guess they knew the answer.

I would like to think we will try again, since the food was good, but I hope the service will be better.