“An Old Friend on the Avenue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Plaza Gardens

Park Plaza Gardens
Ranked #1,086 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New England Avenue
Description: For 30 years we have been setting the standard for exceptional food and service in Winter Park and we look forward to continuing this tradition for 30 more!Our atrium dining room provides the perfect setting for luncheons, special occasions, company functions, wedding receptions and romantic dinners, or enjoy our European style sidewalk cafe.
Orlando, Florida
“An Old Friend on the Avenue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have enjoyed this restaurant over the years; it has never disappointed me. It is under new management and the food is still wonderful. It is special place to go, no matter what the occasion should be. We had a lunch there today, for no particular reason, and it was simply marvelous. The attentiveness of the waitstaff, the precision of the preparation of the food, the ambiance, and the GM stopping by our table makes this place a success.

• Visited November 2012

Flagler beach
“A gtreat spot on Park Avenue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Park Plaza Gardens is a great spot to sit and eat while watching the passing trade. My wife and I visit Winter Park several times a year for the Art shows, the Concours D'Elegance and to visit friends. Inevitably we end up sitting at the sidewalk cafe and enjoying lunch or appetizers with a Bloody Mary or a Martini. It is just a great overall experience and you never know who might come walking by or sitting at a table next to you. The food and drinks are very good if a little pricey but worth the price of admission if you love people watching and believe me the scenery is great -for men and women.

Windermere, Florida
“A Special Kind Of Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Park Plaza has been my favorite restaurant for 30 years. On our last visit we were celebrating our anniversary and what a special place to celebrate. The atmosphere alone makes this restaurant my #1 choice. Ficus trees wrapped in small lights, white tablecloths and if you're lucky the train will go down the track adding to the charm. It really doesn't matter what you order, you will never be disappointed. On my last visit I had the grouper special and it was delicious. Reservations accepted, valet parking behind the restaurant.

Zionsville, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere. Good food too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were the only patrons mid-afternoon. Sat in a great big semi-circular booth with a view of the entire room. Our waitress was very attentive. I had the very tasty burger with bleu cheese crumbles and carmalized onion. I chose the salad which was mixed field greens and a nice balsamic dressing. Yum! We also thoroughly enjoyed the artichoke spinach appetizer with lots of warm totilla chips. Sissy had a great grilled chicken burger. Check out the very unique (at least here in the US) Chinese wedding chest, interesting ceiling and when you are finished eating, wander through the lobby of the hotel. Built in 1931 (we were told) is massive fantastic woodwork not to be missed. Just fabulous artistic work. Loved the little jewelry shop tucked into the front window. What great use of space. And the balconys outside the restaurant were completely lined with overhanging ferns which made them completely obscured from my street level view. Great restaurant. Neat neat part of Orlando.

Winter Park, Florida
“Make Yourself at Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is fine dining in an interesting setting. There is a full bar with tables where one can order off the restaurant menu. The bar is directly catercorner to the restaurant. The bar is dark but not uninviting. The restaurant is spread out into a large space with a lot of brick on the walls but is also not uninviting. The staff is young, mostly college kids, but very attentive and friendly, but not obtrusive. The menu is upscale and the kitchen does a nice job, using obvious quality and fresh ingredients in the food. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. The food comes out all together so that people aren't left staring into their plates while others are waiting on food. The food comes out as ordered and the staff does not have to ask who gets what. The wine list is nice and not overly pricey. The Bar folks know how to make a good cocktail. My opinion is that the price for the fare in this restaurant is fair. I didn't feel that I overpaid for what I got.

I would like to see the decor updated and the lighting changed in the restaurant. I would love to take my wife out to this restaurant for a romantic dinner but this place does not say "romance." it is more of a place to go with friends or for a business lunch or dinner. The Bar can also use a face lift.

• Visited September 2012