“Great atmosphere. Good food too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Plaza Gardens

Park Plaza Gardens
Ranked #1,085 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New England Avenue
Description: For 30 years we have been setting the standard for exceptional food and service in Winter Park and we look forward to continuing this tradition for 30 more!Our atrium dining room provides the perfect setting for luncheons, special occasions, company functions, wedding receptions and romantic dinners, or enjoy our European style sidewalk cafe.
Zionsville, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere. Good food too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were the only patrons mid-afternoon. Sat in a great big semi-circular booth with a view of the entire room. Our waitress was very attentive. I had the very tasty burger with bleu cheese crumbles and carmalized onion. I chose the salad which was mixed field greens and a nice balsamic dressing. Yum! We also thoroughly enjoyed the artichoke spinach appetizer with lots of warm totilla chips. Sissy had a great grilled chicken burger. Check out the very unique (at least here in the US) Chinese wedding chest, interesting ceiling and when you are finished eating, wander through the lobby of the hotel. Built in 1931 (we were told) is massive fantastic woodwork not to be missed. Just fabulous artistic work. Loved the little jewelry shop tucked into the front window. What great use of space. And the balconys outside the restaurant were completely lined with overhanging ferns which made them completely obscured from my street level view. Great restaurant. Neat neat part of Orlando.

• Visited October 2012

Winter Park, Florida
“Make Yourself at Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is fine dining in an interesting setting. There is a full bar with tables where one can order off the restaurant menu. The bar is directly catercorner to the restaurant. The bar is dark but not uninviting. The restaurant is spread out into a large space with a lot of brick on the walls but is also not uninviting. The staff is young, mostly college kids, but very attentive and friendly, but not obtrusive. The menu is upscale and the kitchen does a nice job, using obvious quality and fresh ingredients in the food. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. The food comes out all together so that people aren't left staring into their plates while others are waiting on food. The food comes out as ordered and the staff does not have to ask who gets what. The wine list is nice and not overly pricey. The Bar folks know how to make a good cocktail. My opinion is that the price for the fare in this restaurant is fair. I didn't feel that I overpaid for what I got.

I would like to see the decor updated and the lighting changed in the restaurant. I would love to take my wife out to this restaurant for a romantic dinner but this place does not say "romance." it is more of a place to go with friends or for a business lunch or dinner. The Bar can also use a face lift.

• Visited September 2012
Tampa
“Delicious food and excellent menu variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Haven't ever been disappointed by Park Plaza Gardens. Not only lovely courtyard seating but also excellent wine selection and delicious food,

Visited August 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Great bar/restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We sat in the bar for drinks and appetizers. Great service, wine selection was fine and very friendly. When I asked for some bread, the selection was interesting with three or four varieties. Tasty.

• Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Best Beef Carpaccio Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've had many delicious meals at this restaurant over the years. However, I recently had the beef carpaccio. I was blown away. Not only was the presentation elegant, every single component made sense, and delighted my palate. What a treat to sit outside, with my little dog, and still experience top notch service. I love their wine selection, and occasionally, order the triple chocolate cake, if someone will share it with me. Last time I was at Park Plaza Gardens, a local weather man and his wife were seated across from me. If you want to "slum it", go to a bowling alley. Park Plaza Gardens is for those patrons who demand and expect a first class dining experience.

• Visited July 2012