“The Smiling Bison”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“The Smiling Bison”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Overall a very nice experience and first time visitor. Sat at the bar with a buddy and enjoyed one of the many unique beer options available on tap. I ordered a mushroom risotta meal and found it very tasty. Will definately go back and recommend to others.

Visited March 2014

“Our New Favorite Place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After eating here a half dozen times in five months, we tried quite a few things on their changing menu. They source local produce and make their own pastas and doughs. The menu is quite creative. We've always had superb and knowledgeable service from the wait staff. They have music most nights. They have an extensive wine and beer list. Something for every palate. My husband keeps ordering the Bison Burger and Soft Pretzels. I've tried a different item each time and have not been disappointed - Bison Bolognese, Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Duck Pizza, Pork Belly. All have been wonderful. One of my favorites is the Poutine.

The atmosphere is nothing to write about. The restaurant is in a very old building that they've slapped a couple of coats of paint on the inside - definitely not the reason to try The Smiling Bison. Go for the food. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
“Great beer, great food, great time!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Our experience here was excellent. Sat at the bar and enjoyed some good beer and tasty food. We tried the bison burger which was enjoyable, just a little small. We then tried the fried chicken which was outstanding. We can't wait to go back and try more food!

2 Thank Wickniley
Orlando
“Lots of hype”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Don't get me wrong, the food was almost great. But I give this place three stars because I find the inside lacking atmosphere, which I want in a restaurant and I find it pricey. Expect to order two items to feel satisfied, or at a minimum share an appetizer. Decent beer list. I had the duck pizza. As I said, almost great but i felt it was soooo rich that it needed just a hint of acid -maybe a balsamic drizzle, or something to cut the fat. Then it would have been perfect. I would come here again if someone else was paying.

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, FL
“quality of meal was excellent”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I visited Smiling Bison with a group of friends because they took a reservation and overall glad we went. The menu was creative and everything ordered was prepared with quality ingredients. Some thought the portions were on the small side but I feel the price point was appropriate for the size/quality. The beer selection was fantatic and the waitress was knowledgable of the drafts. The only somewhat drawback to this place is the atmosphere. I "get' the casual northwest? feel they are trying to pull off-that's alright-but a little TLC here and there would do wonders! Also, the noise level was incredibly loud, could have been the big party near us, but softening the acoustics with some rugs or fabric would help. Despite the noise, I will go back again and hopefully it will be more manageable.

• Visited January 2014