“Glad to find good Indian food”
Review of Passage To India - CLOSED

Passage To India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Having just moved here, we were on a hunt to find really good Indian food; fortunately a group of friends invited us to join them at Passage to India.

Right in the middle of the' attractions' I was really surprised to see that they were pretty empty for 7 o'clock on a Friday night - it actually worked to our advantage since we were a group of 35 (a group of local guys who have a Friday night dining out group).

My partner and I shared the Vegetarian Platter appetizer - the Samosa, Pakora and Onion Bhaji were crisp, hot and not greasy and there were enough of the two of us to share.

I had the Chicken Rogan Josh, it was ordered 'hot' and the server asked Indian hot? I've eaten a lot of Indian food and am OK with heat. This was hot, not overly hot and very flavorful.

My partner nearly always has Saag Paneer (and makes it pretty well himself), it was actually really good ( and he's pretty fussy).

Naan was good and they served plenty of rice. Others at the table tried a large assortment of items and most really enjoyed it - including some who had never had Indian food before. (Chicken Tika Masala and Chicken Korma -mild are both good for first timers).

They did a great job of getting all of our food out together, kept beverages and rice filled and even kept track of multiple separate checks.

As a previous poster said they do include the gratuity in the check - not odd for restaurants in tourist areas, especially with a group as large as ours. The ONLY real negative is that they ( and many other Indian restaurants in Orlando) tend to be fairly expensive for what you get - I know I'm a little spoiled by Indian restaurants in city with a large college aged South Asian population; Indian food tends to be much cheaper in Philly.

I've also heard great things about their Sunday buffet - will definitely check it out

There are newer reviews for Passage To India

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We love Indian food. This was decent. Not the best we've had but good. The medium heat sauce had some spice to it which was good. The pakoras and samosas were pretty good. Overall, food was good enough for this place to be a repeat even if it's a little pricey (typical tourist area). We were a little disappointed to see an automatic gratuity on the bill though. It was just 2 of us and they added it on the bill. So that's all they got.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were on way back home from day trip to Busch gardens and called in for a take out. Proprietor very helpful and accommodating. Food was ready quickly and we were given complimentary drinks whilst waiting, and a 20% discount for paying in cash. Rice and accompaniments plentiful. Definitely on the list for next Orlando trip.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

...after 2 visits!
One of the very few Indian restaurants I have been to where medium spice has some kick.
Great flavor, ice cold Kingfishers and the best Bhindi Masala I have ever had.
Garlic Naan with plentiful amounts of garlic,great Shrimp Korma, Paneer Chilly Fry, and Chicken Tiki Masala.
Service is very friendly although at times a little spotty in terms of server availability.
Convenient location at Exit #1 on SR 528 (Beachline Toll Road).
We are looking forward to our next visit to sample new dishes and order more of our favorites.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great service, food, and ambience. Medium spicy was just a tad above what I'm used to, but it was great.

Will come back again.