“No taste like home”

New Punjab Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,062 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 26 Successful years.The first Indian restaurant of Central Fl.Rated 4 Stars.The only Indian restaurant recommended by The Unofficial Guide To Disney.Food prepared-Mild,medium,hot. Masala,Korma,Vindloo,Madras,Biryani and Tandoori dishes avalibleWine and beer. Takeout and Delivery.Kids Menu. Jain Vegieterian food.Fresh Homemade Breads and Desserts.Large Groups Pricing avalibleAlso Catering Is Our Specialty
Reviewed October 12, 2012

A couple of weeks away from home and the urge to have a curry was overwhelming. We checked out all the local places and this was given the best overal rating so we decided that we would make our tummys happy.

The outside is very misleading, inside was bright airy and spacious, service was polite and prompt and the wine was a great chablis for a very reasonable price.

I enjoyed the starters and ordered a saag for main, my husband had the vindaloo and was aksed if he wanted it spicy..alarm bells should of rung then I guess.

Food was hot, presented nicely and plentiful. Sadly my saag was really not very nice, itshard to determine exactly what the problem was with the taste but I couldnt palate it and left it virtually untouched.

My husbands vindaloo was not a vindaloo- I know this because I managed to eat some of it and Im not really into anything hotter than madras. He enjoyed it none the less and I was full mainly due to the starters.

If I were to go again I would order differntly, its sometimes difficult to translate regional curries across the world and my local town has the best curry houses in the world.

This really is a case of what you are used to.

1  Thank 0vicster0

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We read several positive reviews regarding the New Punjab and took the plunge after surviving 10 days of burgers, steaks and burgers.... We're from Oxford which has a wonderful curry scene with it's strong Asian contingent, so I don't want to bias this review. In general, the starters were very good, but my partner and I had different experiences with our mains - mine good - her's not so.... I like mine fiery and to an extent the madras / vindaloo served it's purpose, her lamb saag not so. Hey ho. The service was friendly and attentive AND - a big plus if you LIKE WINE - they do a marvellous deal on a carafe of Chablis wine - $13! Bargain - especially, if like us, you enjoy some wine as opposed to beer, beer, beer....

1  Thank Cornish_Northerner
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Behind the uninviting net curtains you will find a 5* punjabi restaurant serving home cooked Indian food with fresh ingredients. A real taste of India !!

2  Thank GK_69
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am not a fan of Indian food but this place was amazing. My daughter being 4 can at times be picky about new things but she dove right into the Nan(bread). I must admit that looking at the front of the building can be a bit misleading and the decor is dated but go and judge them for thier food. I ordered the chicken Tiki Masala and it was delicious so much in fact that my daughter at most of it. Another bonus is they serve their house wine half carafe for $8, which is plenty for my husband and I... Overall we were pleasantly surprised, its not easy to feed a family of 3 in Orlando for under $50 including wine, tax and tip!!!

2  Thank Chriscq
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great Indian food, good prices and great service...pick up a 50% off an entre coupon at a rest stop.

1  Thank Barry S