“Full of mosquitos”

Cross street: Samoan Court
Transit: I-Ride Trolley - stop #24
“Full of mosquitos”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We were expecting an average chinese food restaurante and the average food was killed by the amiunt of little mosquitos flying around our table the whole time, they better call pest control.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The good food was simply letdown by poor service. Ming court is a very plush looking and clean restaurant but the food just took too long between courses. The poor waitress was obviously stressed and rushed of her feet. Given what they charge they need to invest in more staff. At $30 a head we felt let down.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The theme of this weeks reviews is take out, in case you hadn't noticed. Ming court was on the menu tonight and I'd was delicious. Since I am in Orlando for business I am getting take out to eat back in my hotel room. Ian always a bit skeptical about Asian food because it can be really bad. But Ming Cpurt does not disappoint. I was greeted by a really friendly host who suggested the Walnut chicken. It is sliced chicken, wrapped around baby asparagus tips and walnuts and then deep fried. It is served with glazed walnuts, baby asparagus tips and carrots in a sweet white sauce. It includes a side of white rice. It was delicious. It stayed hot on my short walk back to the hotel. They included a plate and utensils, an condiments. There was more than I could eat! I would recommend this restaurant without reservation.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank BisoninLondon
Ottawa, Canada
“Decent place”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had dinner there three times during our recent visit to Orlando in December. The restaurant is on International Drive, nicely decorated exterior and interior. a quite large restaurant. The service is excellent, when we first visited, before Christmas, it wasn't too crowed, the waiter was very attentive, changed dirty plates frequently for us, pretty good service for a Chinese restaurant. The later two times we were there, it was during Christmas and New Year time, the place was packed and the service wasn't as nice as the first time, but still pretty good. The food are a bit pricy, I guess you pay for the service and nice decoration. but they are good quality. Our kids loved the red bean pancake which is the best we had (a chinese desert, in the appetizer section). They serve some "wok" dishes which are served warm in a small wok with a candle heating the wok underneath, pretty fancy. The seafood and tofu wok we ordered was tasty, but small quantity of seafood, my daughter loved the tofu in the dish and she ate most of them. A good place to go when you visit Orlando and want something Chinese. By the way, the place was also open on Christmas day which is nice as many restaurants were closed.

• Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great variety for the undecided”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was a bit undecided in the dinner department. I finally settled on Ming Court since it was near my hotel and the menu had a few different things I was hungry for: Dim Sum, Chinese, Thai and Sushi.

This place is beautiful and has a nostalgic old school Chinese restaurant feel to it. The only thing missing were dragons everywhere, those red candles and the fried noodles and sweet and sour sauce on the table as an "appetizer."

In the end, I went with a couple of items on the Dim Sum menu (siu mai was good, the crispy tofu was even better) and the Young Chow Fried Rice (lots of egg and variety of meats). Altogether, it was $35 for the meal. A little on the steep side, but I thought it was worth it.

I'd definitely go back if I'm in the area.

• Visited January 2013