“Amazingly great Indian cusine”
Review of Memories of India - CLOSED

Memories of India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Description: Memories of India first opened its doors in 1999 at its Turkey Lake location offering traditional and authentic Indian cuisine to residents and visitors of Orlando till 2014. In the spring of 2015, it re-opened in its current location at 1600 Crystal Clear Lane (Suite 8204), near Florida Mall. With a seating capacity of 150, and a separate party room for private parties. Chef Kong Chang the owner and operator, who began his culinary journey in India in 1970s, promises the same culinary delights to the patrons as they have come to expect of it since the day it opened in 1999. Over the years, Memories of India restaurant has won several awards, including: Orlando Foodie awards , Orlando Magazine Awards, Where Chef's Eat Awards, Zagat Survey Awards, Silver Spoon Awards, Best bets Awards and more.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a wonderful, tasty dinner while on a stay-cation to Orlando. There are 2 restaurants by the same owner in Orlando & Lake Mary in the area. They also cater Indian weddings in the region. Both the lamb dishes we shared were very well seasoned, tender and ample portions. The desserts were excellent, service was good ( waiter forgot our appetizer platter ) and we had an overall positive dining experience. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

The service is consistently good as is the food. The lamb madras is an excellent choice. The mild is what I prefer because the medium was a bit too hot the last time I had it. Portions are filling and expect to bring home leftovers. There were four of us and we each ordered something different. We had fish, spinach,fish, and lamb among the four of us. All were delectable. Order some bread with the meal.. You won't be sorry. The servers were attentive to our needs immediately and the chef came out after the meal to see how we liked the meal. Outstanding service. A gem of a find.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I came to this place based on reviews in an area magazine. We cannot fathom how they even got mentioned much less ranked no. 1 best Indian for 2014.

We wanted to order chicken tikka bhuna and chicken tikka masala and raita. In ordering the meals we asked whether the chicken was white or dark meat. We were told it was barbecue chicken (meaning dark). We asked whether white meat could be substituted. They said yes but it would be "fresh". Assuming we had a language problem we agreed to have "fresh" chicken for the masala but, given the possible misunderstanding opted for chicken curry (which is normally prepared with white meat) instead of the bhuna. Both were ordered on the mild side.

The meals came with a small serving of lettuce with a yogurt based (?) dressing. The lettuce pieces on my wife's plate were brown to the point of being totally un-appetizing.

The chicken curry was bland with absolutely no heat at all. The sauce was rather watery.

The masala also did not have any heat but at least the sauce was a little thicker. I was surprised to find a bone in one of the pieces of chicken. When I pointed this out to the staff the response was "but you asked for fresh". Another piece came with gristle. I'm guessing "fresh" also means "no quality control".

The menu says the raita is "Homemade yogurt mixed with cucumber and tomatoes". Ours was watery with no cucumbers or tomatoes.

The decor is strip mall utilitarian.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went to restaurant 6 MARCH and it was overpriced and over ratred.The chicken tikka masala was in watery gravy and lamb vindaloo was not in right sauce. The vegetable kofta was 3 small balls and it was just OK. Kingfisher beer was outdated and tasted funky.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Looking at the other reviews written for this restaurant, claiming that the good reviews were planted by the owner and his friends, I am absolutely appalled! I have eaten here 10+ times and have ALWAYS had a fantastic meal.This is definitely my favorite Indian place in Orlando and I have NEVER had a problem with the food or service. While I will admit it is on the more expensive side, the lunch special is always a cheaper option to get the same great food at a lower cost.

1  Thank emdian13