“Worst Indians ever!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Description: Memories of India first opened its doors in 1999 at its Turkey Lake location offering traditional and authentic Indian cuisine to residents and visitors of Orlando till 2014. In the spring of 2015, it re-opened in its current location at 1600 Crystal Clear Lane (Suite 8204), near Florida Mall. With a seating capacity of 150, and a separate party room for private parties. Chef Kong Chang the owner and operator, who began his culinary journey in India in 1970s, promises the same culinary delights to the patrons as they have come to expect of it since the day it opened in 1999. Over the years, Memories of India restaurant has won several awards, including: Orlando Foodie awards , Orlando Magazine Awards, Where Chef's Eat Awards, Zagat Survey Awards, Silver Spoon Awards, Best bets Awards and more.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If your used to eating Indian food back in the UK, as we are, please do not eat here! Ignore all previous reviews!!!!

To start, waiter was just weired and creepy.

We ordered one starter and waiter walked away as second person was ordering! After ordering 2 starters one came out 5 mins before next. We were asked to order mains mid-eating our starter.

Main, extremely spicy, thick and guey. Not nice at all. Chicken came far too quick was probably microwaved. Keema naan tasted like chicken kebab. Atmosphere was terrible and the creepy water made it worse.

Bill was $98 for 2 beers, 2 starters, rice between us, fries, and naan bread. They also stick mandatory gratitude on end of bill.

Worst food i have ever had.

1  Thank Jamie_Leigh_12

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Memories is a favorite place of mine and I visit often. The customer service is excellent and the staff is very friendly. The atmosphere is great, comforting, and relaxing and I always feel like "I'm home" when I eat there. The food is the best Indian food I have tasted in the Orlando area and the price/portion is very affordable. I highly recommend Memories!!

1  Thank princesszha
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My wife, daughter and I dined at Memories of India when we were in Florida 2 weeks ago. The service was excellent and the food was terrific. We all had the lunch specials which includes a main course ( I had lamb, my wife had paneer and my daighter had dal) samosa, naan, raita, pickles, papadam, rice and your choice of mango ice cream or rice pudding. The entire bill was less than $30! The food was perfectly spiced and very delicious. The service was fast and friendly. The Indian restaurants where I live could learn a lot from Memories of India. I highly recommend Memories of India and we will return next time we come to Florida.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I generally head out here for lunch with office buddies when in Orlando. I always order their Chicken Kali Mirch Lunch Thali - chicken (black pepper chicken), rice/pulao/pilaf, roti/naan (indian bread), raita (yogurt dip) and papad (crispy lentil condiment). You can opt for the appetizer + dessert, but I generally skip that. The other work guys order the chicken/lamb vindaloo, but I pass on that since I know what vindaloo (Goan recipe) is actually supposed to taste like. The one they serve here is some hybrid. In any case, I do recommend their Chicken kali Mirch - the chef has got that down well.

Since this is located just west of the busy-busy-busy I-Drive/Sand Lake crossing, my recommendation is to head out for lunch a tad bit early to beat the traffic.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We ordered take- out. They do not deliver. Food was very good. Definitely recommend. Decor also is decent if you choose to dine-in.