“Good option for Lunch with office colleagues”
Review of Memories of India - CLOSED

Memories of India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Description: Memories of India first opened its doors in 1999 at its Turkey Lake location offering traditional and authentic Indian cuisine to residents and visitors of Orlando till 2014. In the spring of 2015, it re-opened in its current location at 1600 Crystal Clear Lane (Suite 8204), near Florida Mall. With a seating capacity of 150, and a separate party room for private parties. Chef Kong Chang the owner and operator, who began his culinary journey in India in 1970s, promises the same culinary delights to the patrons as they have come to expect of it since the day it opened in 1999. Over the years, Memories of India restaurant has won several awards, including: Orlando Foodie awards , Orlando Magazine Awards, Where Chef's Eat Awards, Zagat Survey Awards, Silver Spoon Awards, Best bets Awards and more.
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I generally head out here for lunch with office buddies when in Orlando. I always order their Chicken Kali Mirch Lunch Thali - chicken (black pepper chicken), rice/pulao/pilaf, roti/naan (indian bread), raita (yogurt dip) and papad (crispy lentil condiment). You can opt for the appetizer + dessert, but I generally skip that. The other work guys order the chicken/lamb vindaloo, but I pass on that since I know what vindaloo (Goan recipe) is actually supposed to taste like. The one they serve here is some hybrid. In any case, I do recommend their Chicken kali Mirch - the chef has got that down well.

Since this is located just west of the busy-busy-busy I-Drive/Sand Lake crossing, my recommendation is to head out for lunch a tad bit early to beat the traffic.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We ordered take- out. They do not deliver. Food was very good. Definitely recommend. Decor also is decent if you choose to dine-in.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I have visited this place 4 times in the last three years. We don't live locally or it would be more often. Whenever we're in the I-drive area we always pop over and have dinner. On our most recent visit I had the Chicken Tikka. It was so good. It was spiced perfectly and so tender and juicy. I have had chicken cooked like this at other restaurants and sometimes it can be dry and almost leather on the outside. My husband had the mixed grill. The Lamb chops (which he nicely shared with me) were so delicious. They were flavorful and tender. The shrimp were cooked perfectly and so was everything else on his plate.

As others have said, some of the servers are a little strange but I can overlook that because the food is just soooo good!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

The food is constinently delicious and the service is great - super friendly staff! It is one of my favorites in Orlando. I highly recommend this place. Try it for lunch M-S or try the all you can eat buffet on Sunday (I don't usually like buffets, but this one is very clean). Dinner is also great because their menu has great selections at dinner.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

we had gone in 2009 and after reading all the bad reviews were not sure about going back this time. after a couple of bad indian places we decided to go back for take out. after all we know indian food.

well the food was still great. am surprised so many people had such bad reviews or wonder if it is other restaurants trying to put down this one. we had the lamb roganjosh. very tender. curry was nice with spices but not overpowering. paneer was nice too. tandoori roti was a bit hard but naan was nice. would have liked some condiments included.

but otherwise great food. decor has changed since we last went there but nice compared to the other dumps we saw but did not eat in there.