“So wanted this to be good..”
Review of Maya Grill

Maya Grill
Ranked #340 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Savor a selection of seafood and poultry cooked Latin and Caribbean style. Or try the sizzling beef fired over an exhibition oak and mesquite grill. Follow your entree with one of many tempting desserts, including our Fudge Turron de Chocolate, which consists of sweet Latin dark fudge with macadamia, raisin, and pecans, served with dark chocolate sauce over coconut ice cream.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So wanted this to be good..”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We had such high hopes for Maya Grill on cinco de mayo. I don't often give a "poor" review but unfortunately they earned it.

We were encouraged as we arrived at the hostess stand and a gentlemen leaving said it was great. After a 30 minute wait for our reservation (we were about 15 minutes early) the pager summoned us.

We were promptly seated, handed menus, and then within a minute joined by our waiter asking for our drink and food orders. He introduced himself as "my name is Server", though his name tag cleared that up. We cautiously were eyeing the sangria with tequila, as we aren't tequila fans. The waiter assured us it was "good" tequila and that it wasn't even noticeable.

I don't often leave a full carafe of any drink behind, but had to here. It tasted only like (cheap) tequila, barely could taste a wine.

Ok, maybe the drink wasn't for us.

The queso fundido appetizer came out undercooked, with the cheese inside not even melted. Shortly after its arrival our entrees appeared

We had the steak fajitas and the "tres amigos" enchiladas. Both were non descript.

The waiter never made an appearance to ask how dinner or the appetizer was, nor noticed the completely full wine glasses and carafe.

So food was so-so, our drink wasn't, and service was simply lacking.

If you're staying at Coronado, might be worth a try. If you're elsewhere, save the effort..... So many better dining options at Disney.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank PHLflyer S

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Top notch Mexican”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located in the Coronado Springs Resort in Walt Disney World is Maya Grill, a "Tex Mex" restaurant and maybe one of the hidden gems of WDW.

We didn't make reservations, and that was a bad idea. We waited about 1 hour and 15 minutes for a table, but the wait was definitely worth it. The food was delicious and the atmosphere very fun. A guitar player near the front of the restaurant was taking popular songs and making them mariachi style, and he was very good at what he did.

We ordered the Chicken Enchiladas Suizas and Chimichanga Platter. The chicken enchiladas were covered in a cheesy sauce and the chicken was well seasoned. The whole plate worked well together and was very filling. The chicken was moist and the cheese sauce was melty and cheese and cooling over the spiced chicken.

The chimichangas, one chicken and one beef, are like burritos that are fried and then covered in cheese and sauce. The chicken was the same from the enchiladas, moist, a little spicy, cooled by the cheese and sauce on top. The beef was my favorite of the two, with moist, melt in your mouth shredded beef.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank GNRMatt
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I ate here last night. She had the filet while I had the pork shank. She found her filet to be cooked as she asked but found it to be on the dry side. I found the pork shank to be very good and a large generous portion. The cost for the two of us which included empanadas (which we found to be somewhat bland) and two beers was $100 (including tip). Service was average and somewhat erratic. I ordered a second beer early in my meal only to have it delivered when I was almost finished with meal....this after reminding her twice. All in all I would visit here again if staying at the Coronado Springs resort as a matter of conveinance. I am a local and would not make a special trip over for a meal. If you're on the property it may be worth a visit.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jimbhere
“Excellent service, fantastic food!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We have visited Maya Grill twice this year!! I love the food, specially the corn suffle. We ordered the San Antonio platter for two. The meats were so delicious. I am tired of going to "mexican" restaurants because the food taste like american with pepper.
Gilbert our server, was very attentive and Gino the general manager came to our table to make sure we were having a good time.

My recomendations... the sangria, it is the best I ever had. The coconut flan, it is to die for. If you like margaritas, try the fly of margaritas. The guacamole!! So fresh!! I love this place. Do not forget to try the corn suffle!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank OlgaOrlando
Dundee, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service Ever!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Visited in April 2014 service was very slow took way too long for each step the waiter never came around to ask if we needed anything. We had to stand up to get the bill. The food was not good and the place was empty! Never again!

• Visited April 2014