“Maya Grill - Who Knew?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maya Grill

Maya Grill
Ranked #363 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish, Central American, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Savor a selection of seafood and poultry cooked Latin and Caribbean style. Or try the sizzling beef fired over an exhibition oak and mesquite grill. Follow your entree with one of many tempting desserts, including our Fudge Turron de Chocolate, which consists of sweet Latin dark fudge with macadamia, raisin, and pecans, served with dark chocolate sauce over coconut ice cream.
Shelby Township
“Maya Grill - Who Knew?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a great surprise! My wife and I stayed at the Corornado Springs Resort for our most recent Disney adventure (the week of 9/16/13). We dined at the on-property Maya Grill the day of arrival and were totally impressed with the food, presentation, and service. We had a corner window table with a great view of the hotel’s lagoon. I had the airline chicken (which is a split chicken whole breast with the wing “legs” pointing up). The skin was super crisp and the chicken super moist. It reminded me of “chicken under the brick”. It was served with a Madeira sauce over mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. Truly a treat for the taste buds. My wife ordered the steak fajitas and the steak was so tender, it truly was “like butta!”. Unbelievable. During the week, we cancelled several dining reservations at the parks simply because we ran out of steam. (Basically – these Michiganders were having a hard time with the heat and humidity.) On two such times, be just returned to the resort to chillax with some adult beverages and again enjoyed the Maya Grill for dinner. On the next visit, I had to have those steak fajitas. Words can’t express how enjoyable they were. And the corn soufflé that comes as a side – exquisite. This time my wife had the shrimp tacos and she said they were heaven on a plate. After another “too pooped for the park” night, we again went to Maya. This time we each were in the mood for steak. I had the NY strip and my wife had the fillet. Both were cooked to perfection (medium rare) and were so good, we wouldn’t share tastes! I’m telling you, these were better steaks than we have had in some very upscale steak houses. All considered the Maya Grill was about the best food we had at Disney World. If you are staying at the Coronado Springs Resort, and even if you’re not, this is the place to go. Ask for a window seat if you can.

1 Thank hudsonbob

“Excellent. A standout among Disney dining options.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

An incredibly relaxing atmsphere after a long day.

Food was a step above typical Disney dining options--a diamond in the rough. Service was the best I've ever had. Gilbert was an excellent and genuine waiter. The manager was wonderful and visited our table twice. Excellent live music with guitarist.

Before eating here I was very disappointed with dining options at Disney.

1 Thank PennGardener
Lower Bank, NJ
“Outstanding food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We originally had a reservation for 7 p.m. and I called the same day and the hostess was able to give me an earlier reservation for 5:30. That was a great start to the service! My wife and I were seated immediately and received prompt, attentive service from our waiter. I wasn't sure which margarita I wanted, so he brought out samples in shot glasses. Nice! The appetizer was so delicious (Southwest Spring Rolls). My wife is a vegetarian and they had some entrée selections for her. She chose the Vegetarian Skillet, which she enjoyed thoroughly. My dish was called The Three Amigos and it was spectacular! For dessert, I had the Key Lime shooter and my wife the Gran Marnier Berries and Cream shooter, all I can say is "wow!". Our waiter's name was Tahar, and he was the best waiter we had in our 7 days in Disney World, and we ate at restaurants in the parks every day. To top it all off, there was live entertainment: a Spanish guitar player serenading us through the entire dinner. This restaurant is a must stop if you are in Disney World!

1 Thank CelticLou
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A great unplanned discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Selected this restaurant at the end of a business day while staying at Coronado Springs. I expected this to be a typical Disney style food quality restaurant but found the complete opposite in that food quality, portion, and service were all above expectations. The service was exceptional including a visit by the general manager to ensure all things met or exceeded my expectations. The food presentation and quality was also exceptional. Note, this was the only Disney restaurant location during my five day stay where exceptional service was realized. Compliments to the the general manager for the exceptional service and compliments to the chef for an exceptional meal.

1 Thank adskm
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great service! Good tasting food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here while staying at Disney World. The server was super friendly and accomodating as we were dining with our 2.5 year old daughter. The food was excellent with good sized portions. The prices are higher than than typical, but it is Disneyworld. The atmosphere wss very nice with good views of a lake.

1 Thank min2max