“Found a new reason to come here...”

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #191 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Delight in traditional Italian cooking with contemporary flavors at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano—a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Here, you'll take in the sights of Mama's favorite Hollywood memories as you savor the sumptuous aromas and flavors of Italy.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have written reviews for here before. I rave about the food and it being the best food in Hollywood Studios. That hasn't changed. This time however I ordered the cheesecake for dessert (picture included) and it was by far the best dessert of my trip! Highly Highly Highly Recommended.

I also wanted to write a review again to include how completely disappointed I was with our server. I have been in here now a few times and this time the service really let me down. He was so busy dealing with a huge table (obviously because he wanted a fat tip$$) that he could care less about a party of 2 and he made it obvious. It's hit or miss here apparently with service. Just thought I'd share not that everyone who goes here will have this person.

The cheesecake was so good, i'd still go back !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,218)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My teenage boys and I ate here on our recent trip to WDW through the Disney Dining Plan. The portions were big and the food was delicious!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Quick visit to Mama Melrose today while visiting Star Wars weekends. It's been awhile since we have been here, but everyone enjoyed their food today during our visit. I had a flatbread and the pizza was very good. Good luck in getting in here without a reservation or without waiting forever. This is a tough place to get into unless you book ahead. The service was good, food was good, and the prices were very reasonable for Disney. Would recommend to everyone visiting. Prices are cheaper for lunch, so keep that in mind. This place also offers the Fantasmic package, although at a much higher premium.

1  Thank Kdawg282
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I ate here when on a trip with my son and daughter in law and my meal was just great. I returned with my husband at a later trip and told him how good it was. We were both disappointed. The food was ok but not great. The service was slow. I don't think we will try this restaurant again unless I read more positive reviews that show a change.

1  Thank Susie J
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love Italian food, but I always feel like there's something missing when I come to this restaurant. I have been here twice, both for lunch, and each time I've ordered, I felt like it could have been better. However, by just going here to get the Fantasmic package, which prevents us from having to get to the show two hours early to get a good seat, it does make it worth it.
It's an authentic Italian experience, I just feel their food could be a little bit better.

4  Thank Brynn P