Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #204 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Delight in traditional Italian cooking with contemporary flavors at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano—a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Here, you'll take in the sights of Mama's favorite Hollywood memories as you savor the sumptuous aromas and flavors of Italy.
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Our family had to love mama melrose. Tucked away in a quite corner in the studios. The kids loved the pizza. But the past 3-4 times we have gone the service and some of the good items were less than good. The past 3 servers have not given us refills on drinks and seemed annoyed when we asked questions ( we have food allergies...which were on the reservation). This place has simply lost it's sparkle.

2  Thank Sweetsunshiny
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were on the dining plan and the only thing available was this place for lunch. The meals were ridiculously big and wasteful. The calamari and tomato/mozzarella salad were very good. I don't think I'll be back.

1  Thank shannonbR1000MD
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We must have gone on the wrong day/time. The food was average (think Olive Garden) and the service as very un-Disney. It took a full 45 mins to get our entrees and then another 20 for anyone to come by after we were done eating. The manager came by to apologize to the other tables but not to ours. Something was clearly going wrong in the kitchen. As we were leaving, the manager came over and asked about our experience. When I pointed out there clearly had been a problem - she sarcastically said "well thank you for your patience" turned her heels and stomped away. We were stunned.

1  Thank Arthur R
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We ate dinner here as part of the Fantasmic dining package. We were unable to book the Fantasmic dining at any of the other restuarants that offered the package. Although hesitant to eat here after a bad experience many years ago, we decided to try it again so we could get preferred seating at the show.
We were pleasantly surprised to find out that the food had improved greatly since our last visit (the previous visit was really bad). The quality of the food was on par with Olive Garden. As with all Disney meals it was overpriced, but that's to be expected when dining at Disney.
Our server appeared tired/overworked, but did his best to offer a smile and answer any questions. The restaurant seemed to stay busy so I imagine he was legitimatly tired. He didn't rush us or ignore us so we were satisfied.
However, we did discover that the seating instructions for the dinner package were not accurate. They gave a time you could "start lining up for entry" so we arrived a few minutes before the time stated only to find out that many people with the dining package had been allowed in for seating way before us. I wouldn't purchase a dining package again because it wasn't necessary to get a good seat. If you want "prime" seating then go for a dining package, but you can get a seat with a good view and not spend the extra bucks.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

To start off Mama Melrose was part of the fantasmic dinner package so I decided to choose it over the Brown Derby, were I have dined before,to try something new. Big Mistake. Our waiter was Arthur and he was really rude and threw dishes at our face and tried to rush us out.The fried calamari was disgusting and spicy and unpleasant. I also had the steak, which was very untasteful and disgusting. To end the horrible dinner, my child had icecream and when I went to have a sample of it didn't even taste like icecream! So in my opinion it is a waste of money and time , and has food that should not be in Disney Parks , and the service is horrible. I recomend to dine at olive garden for a third of the price and 110% better food.

2  Thank p000000