“Above all my expectations!”

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #214 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Delight in traditional Italian cooking with contemporary flavors at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano—a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Here, you'll take in the sights of Mama's favorite Hollywood memories as you savor the sumptuous aromas and flavors of Italy.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Above all my expectations!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was hoping to eat spaghetti or pizza, but the food and the service were all above my expectations! I had an amazing risotto with tuna, my husband ate a huge steak and my daughter went for pizza. For dessert we had a variety of little italian sweets and my daughter had a HUGE cupcake, we had to split it!! We received a coupon that gave us priority seating at he Fantasmic show!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Rafaelabf

“Great steaks”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had the Fantasmic meal package with a 12:30 reservation for lunch. We about 15 min early and were seated about 5 min later. We were reminded about the fixed cost of the meal several times by the staff. We started with the antipasto and the mozzarella/tomato appetizers which were just ok, not our favorites. But we had to order something from that category! The strip steaks and the spaghetti and meatballs were delicious. The dessert tray was fun to share, but by then, we were stuffed! I think we got our money's worth, and the pass for Fantasmic was convenient.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great with Fantasmic Dinner Package”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came here specificially to get the Fantasmic Dinner Package, as I didn't want to have to wait in line for hours to see Fanstasmic like I had years before. The food here was amazing, and more than enough! We enjoyed the caesar salad, pasta and dessert! Our server was so friendly and made the experience even better!
It is a little pricey, but what can you expect when you are in a theme park?

Visited August 2012
Albany, New York
“HORRIBLE! Will not go back!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our second time here, our first time last year it was pretty good, so we booked this restaraunt again this year - BIG MISTAKE. The service was horrendous - I can't emphasize this enough, I can't think of another time when I've had worse service in Disney. We saw our waitress a handful of times throughout the whole meal-and mostof those times were to take our order, bring out food, and bring out the check-no checking on us to see if we needed anything or if the food was ok. Right when we sat down the waitress apologized to us in advance saying "Thank you for understanding - The last 3 days have been unbelievably busy here". We didn't think much of it as most restaraunts at Disney get very busy but we should have taken her at her word - she avoided us the whole time! My wife ordered wine at the outset, when it wasn't brought out to us for a half-hour we figured they forgot and as long as it wasn't on the check not a big deal, instead she brought my wife her wine after we had almost finished our meals - and without apology as if that is the standfard wait time for a glass of wine! The food was not good as well, the Chicken Parm was very dry and very small portions (unlike most Disney restaraunts where they give you more than you can eat) and the Steak also below average. Maybe we ate here at a bad time, but I got the feeling that this may be a bigger issue as it wasn't just one area that was lacking, the whole experience was lacking (service, food and atmosphere). Needless to say, I won't be taking the risk of trying this place again. A shame as there are not many places to sit down and eat in Hollywood Studios.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank jamesslitdog
Lima, Ohio
“Food awful but good service.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food was horrible from appetizer to dessert including my kids meals. The only food items that we found edible was the Mac n cheese and welcome bread. Our server was friendly and attentive and noticed we didn't like our our food so she offered to get us something else. We did the Fantasmic package which made up for the bad food as we didn't have leave the park early to reserve our seats as the package reserved them for us. I would recommend to come here for Fantasmic package but I wouldn't expect wonderful food but food to get you by.

• Visited February 2013