“Too expensive but good”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
melbourne, fl
“Too expensive but good”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

First let me start by saying Disney prices are ridiculous. That being said, if you are a bit creative, you can have a decent meal for a not too outrageous price. Instead of the over $40 beef entree, we each had 2 hearty appetizers for half the price plus wine and dessert. Food was very good (French onion soup, escargot, salad nicoise, lobster bisque, bacon and onion tarte) The bread was hot and crusty and service excellent. Clearly a tourist trap but most everyone knows that going in.

New York City, New York
“Best macaroni & cheese”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here twice on separate trips. We love the atmosphere here, and we love the food. Our favorite is the macaroni and gruyere cheese, it's phenomenal. Great champagne as well!

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful ambiance, great service, average food.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Since this restaurant is located in EPCOT, it is a given that the food is going to be more on the pricey side. If it wasn't located in the theme park, I would have given it a $$$ rating on the price. The service was wonderful and our waiter was quite funny (Damien I believe?). The interior is tastefully decorated, but no need to feel like you need to be dressed up! The lunch meal starts off with warm baguette and butter. I had the vegetarian lasagna, which was a small portion and wasn't as flavorful as I hoped. Other diners in my group had the pre-fixe lunch option, priced at $26 and came with soup, choice of 3 entrees (Gratin de Macaroni, Croque Monsieur, or Quiche Lorraine) and dessert. The lobster bisque and french onion was enjoyed in addition to the Mahi-Mahi sandwich and open-faced chicken sandwich. The Croque Monsieur was a disappointment to a friend because there was too much cheese and the bread was hard. Also, the pommes frites tasted like they came out of the freezer.. not the frites I expected. However, the creme brulee and chocolate mousse were very tasty! If I were to come back to EPCOT again, it wouldn't be my first choice, but decent nonetheless.

Trinity, Florida
“World's best lobster bisque!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Overall, this restaurant was a great experience. On the positive, they had the best lobster bisque my wife or I have ever tasted! It actually had chunks of lobster in every bite! For dessert, the creme brulee was equally unmatched! Both our entrees were very good, but nothing to rave about. My wife had the salmon over lentils and I had the filet mignon. The steak was cooked perfectly, and the sauce was good, but I can't say it was spectacular. The lentils were unbelievable, but the salmon (which should have been the star), was actually outshined by the lentils, and tasted fishier than other good pieces of salmon I've had. Server and service were both excellent!

On the negative side, the restaurant is pretty loud and crowded with tables very close together. It's hard to share an intimate meal with your neighbors so close by. Also, the entree selections are very limited. It would have been nice to have a few more entree options, because we were both struggling to find that one dish that made our mouths water when you read the description.

All in all, the experience was very good, but I wouldn't rank this as the best restaurant in Epcot. But if you want some of the best lobster bisque and creme brulee you've ever had, you've got to go!

1 Thank Jason G
Orlando, Florida
“Chocolate Croissant”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am a Florida Annual Passholder and I stop in Les Chefs de France nearly every visit to EPCOT. I adore the chocolate croissants. When I take a bite I imagine I am in Paris.

Visited July 2014