“World's best lobster bisque!”
Review of Chefs de France

Chefs de France
Ranked #192 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Overall, this restaurant was a great experience. On the positive, they had the best lobster bisque my wife or I have ever tasted! It actually had chunks of lobster in every bite! For dessert, the creme brulee was equally unmatched! Both our entrees were very good, but nothing to rave about. My wife had the salmon over lentils and I had the filet mignon. The steak was cooked perfectly, and the sauce was good, but I can't say it was spectacular. The lentils were unbelievable, but the salmon (which should have been the star), was actually outshined by the lentils, and tasted fishier than other good pieces of salmon I've had. Server and service were both excellent!

On the negative side, the restaurant is pretty loud and crowded with tables very close together. It's hard to share an intimate meal with your neighbors so close by. Also, the entree selections are very limited. It would have been nice to have a few more entree options, because we were both struggling to find that one dish that made our mouths water when you read the description.

All in all, the experience was very good, but I wouldn't rank this as the best restaurant in Epcot. But if you want some of the best lobster bisque and creme brulee you've ever had, you've got to go!

1  Thank Jason G
There are newer reviews for Chefs de France

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I am a Florida Annual Passholder and I stop in Les Chefs de France nearly every visit to EPCOT. I adore the chocolate croissants. When I take a bite I imagine I am in Paris.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Chefs de France in Mid-May 2014. We had an 6:00 ADR and waited 45 mins to be seated- not that big a deal to us, we understand that having an ADR doesn't get you in faster, just holds you a place. Loved the ambiance of the place- feeling like you are in a quaint French restaurant. The meal was delicious. For our entree- both my husband and I had the Gratin de Macaroni. We both enjoyed it, myself maybe slightly more. The highlight for me was the appetizer- Lobster Bisque. The best I have ever had! For dessert we has the Creme Brûlée, which was good and average. Out server was fine, but wasn't overly impressed with him. Got my drink order wrong several times and seemed to pay more attention to the tables with the young pretty ladies. Maybe wrong, but it seemed that way. Would I go back- yes, but it's not on the top of my list.

2  Thank Sara L
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I loved our meal. For appetizers we had the salad, cheese board and French onion soup. My husband enjoyed the cheese board with walnuts and grapes. My daughter and I shared the salad and French onion soup. We did not originally plan to share but after one bite of my soup there was no turning back. With that being said the French onion soup was delicious. For our entrées we ordered the roasted chicken, braised beef short ribs and a hamburger with fries. I know what you are thinking the my daughter ordered the hamburger but you would be wrong. She ordered the roasted chicken and loved everything on her plate. She could not believe how good the broccoli was. I had the braised short ribs and it was very tender. The carrots and polenta was good as well. My husband did enjoy his burger and fries. He said it was very tasty. For dessert we ordered the crème brulee, profiteroles like pastries and chocolate mousse. We all enjoyed our desserts.

2  Thank tiemyshoe76
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I made reservations for this location as I wanted to try authentic French cuisine or as close as you can come in America. The atmosphere is nice, my waitress was very friendly and helpful. I had the 3 course selection (French onion soup, chicken and dessert). My disappointment is that the chicken (half a chicken) came with plenty of potatoes but only 2 tiny pieces of broccoli. And I didn't feel like the chicken was any different than "American" chicken in that regard. The French Onion Soup was the best I had ever tried though and dessert cake was yummy. The waitress offered a excellent dessert wine to pair with it and that was appreciated.

I enjoyed the meal although for the price/taste, I think $50.00 was a bit overpriced.