“very good”
Review of Chefs de France

Chefs de France
Ranked #162 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: French, European, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Quebec City, Canada
“very good”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

veery good french cuisine. Service in french if you want. some joke for the kids from the chef. Had a lot of fun

Visited June 2013

“They sang happy birthday in French!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for dinner in March for my sons tenth birthday. We had a reservation and didn't wait long to be seated. We saw Remmy go past on a cart as we were being seated. My son asked if Remmy would be coming by our table and they told him that Remmy had to go back in the kitchen to cook. He was disappointed since this was something he had been looking forward to. We were seated at a table for two which was very close to the tables on either side of us, the space to slide into the seat at the backside of the table was very minimal for a girl with junk in the trunk. I felt like I was sticking my butt in our neighbors faces haha! We had a server and a trainee. Both were very nice and helpful. We never had to wait for refills. I got the mac&cheese and wasn't impressed. My kido got the chicken tenders over pasta with marinara sauce and loved it. The best part came when a bunch of the servers came over with a cupcake with a candle on top and sang happy birthday in French to my son. He loved it! All in all we had a nice time. We were on the dining plan so I didn't really pay attention to prices. We are going to Disney again in January and we are going to try some other places.

• Visited March 2013
Albany, New York
“Remy!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The visit from Remy to our table may have influenced me slightly in this review, but I thought the food was good (I had the beef short ribs) while others in my party seemed blown away by their entrees, so it seems as if it can be good to great in the food department. The restaurant itself was very cute, liked all of the windows, so it was a very bright and cheerful lunch. Our server was good, she was very attentive, but you could definitely tell she struggled with some of the English when trying to explain the menu. We asked her how long she had been over here from France, and I think it was only a week or two at that point. All in all, I think the whole experience was a pretty safe bet. I would return, but I wouldn't rave that it was the best French food I've ever had (the would probably go to pretty much any of the restaurants I've been to in Quebec). If you are lucky though, Remy from Ratatouille will come to your table and "talk" to you

• Visited February 2013
Georgia
“Under Wowed.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had wanted to eat here for years and finally this year we were able to get reservations for lunch. We were seated immediately. Our party consisted of my husband, my mom and me. Our waiter gave us our menus and asked for our drink order. I wanted a Sprite. He asked if I would like to try the French version of the Sprite because it had less sugar and a wonderful flavor. I said ok thinking it would arrive in a glass, with refills available for the same cost as the Sprite, $2.99. I was wrong. When he brought it it was in a bottle. No refills here. I figured it would be the same price as the Sprite since the waiter did not mention any differences except the taste. I was charged $5.50 for a small bottle of soda. I think he could have mentioned this before I agreed to it.

We all ordered the pre fixe menu. My mother and I had the onion soup, croque monsieur (hot ham and cheese sandwich) and desert for $24.95. My husband had the onion soup, quiche, and desert. I ordered the sandwich using the french name and the waiter asked if I spoke French and I said no, I just know some words and wouldn't even try as I would butcher the language. His response was he was very used to Americans butchering his language. Ok. Seemed mildly rude, but ok.

The soup was just ok. The cheese on top was very good, but the soup was bland. The sandwiches were made with good ham and cheese but the bread had been toasted within an inch of its life. Very hard and I ended up just eating the meat and cheese. My husband said his quiche was good. He remarked to our waiter about how large it was, again the waiters response seemed mildly rude. He remarked it was French cuisine with Americas HUGE portions. He went to add there was no way in France they would even consider eating a quiche that large. Ok seriously it wasn't THAT big. Maybe the size of a small saucer, and maybe an inch thick.

The deserts were very good. I had the chocolate mousse. It was light and airy with a wonderful chocolate flavor. My husband had the trio of sorbet, which he said was very good and my mother had the strawberry cake which she said was good. I think desert was the best part of the meal.

We did get a visit from the mouse from Ratatouille. He and his handler were funny and he is very cute. So that was nice.

Our bill for lunch was $100, without tip, for the three of us and I honestly don't think it was worth it. I didn't like not being told about the cost of the soda. I didn't appreciate the rudeness of the waiter. We ate at Canada last year for lunch for the same price and had much better food and experience. I'm glad we finally got to eat there but probably won't again. There are to many restaurants in EPCOT to choose from.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank fiestyfelix
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Meal I had at Disney”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was easily the best meal we had a Disney. We were on the dining plan, and this place took the cake. The food, service, and atmosphere were all perfect. This is a must try!

Visited August 2013